Jonin Meeting

(Kakashi pov:)

Naruto and Sasuke left for the night and Y/N was doing the dishes for now. I can't believe she's a jonin now! That means I can love her without having a fear of any of our reputations! As soon as I get out of bed, I'm planning to propose her. Her mother's birthday is near too. Maybe I can make that day extra special to her and ask her to be my girlfriend officially!

She walked in after cleaning all the mess and sat in front of me. I had already removed my mask and just as I was about to say anything, she came closer and kissed me. The kiss was sweet and passionate. Her hands held my face and my arm held her waist.

After a long while, she pulled away from the kiss but I still held her in place close to me. We smiled looking into each other's eyes. I placed a kiss on her forehead and let her go. She sat back on the bed looking shyly on her lap. A thing clicked in my mind and I cleared my throat before saying it. She looked up at me, her smile almost gone.

"So, now that you are a jonin. You must have a meeting tomorrow morning, right?" ,I asked in a serious tone.

She nodded, "Yes. Anything wrong with it?"

"Nah, it's just that I won't be able to see their faces when they get to know that the girl they declared as a rogue ninja is now the hero of the village and a jonin." ,I smiled devilishly.

"Oh....don't worry. They will have that look for quiet few days. You will sure see some of them." ,she giggled.

"Okay, well. You should go to sleep now."

She nodded and laid down on my bed beside me. 

I looked at her confused.

"What? I'm not going all the way back home just to sleep." ,she said and pulled the blanket over her. 

I chuckled, "No one will ask you to do so." 

I laid back down on my side to face her. She came closer and hugged me. Her head laid on my chest and arms around me. I put my arm around her as well and kissed her forehead. We both said good night and drifted into deep sleep with a smile.

~next morning~

(Y/N pov:)

I was waken up by the sunlight right at my face. I tried to get up with my usual strength but some thing stopped me. I opened my eyes to see a strong hand around my waist keeping me close to a muscular, strong body. Memories from the day before started flooding in my mind one by one.

Me and Kakashi kissing, confessing our love, him sleeping in my arms, me getting caught by him, the team 7 celebrating together and lastly, us falling asleep together and him loving me.

I lightly kissed the back of his hand and slowly got up from his embrace making sure he doesn't wake up. I went to the washroom, did my morning routine and came out. I checked the time, still got two hours before the jonin meeting. I got ready and made breakfast. I knew Naruto and Sasuke will come. They won't tell me his medicine routine. It was clear that they just want to spy on me and Kakashi.

So, I made four breakfasts and laid them on the table. Just then, the doorbell rang and I opened it. It was Naruto and Sasuke. After exchanging all greetings, I let them in and they straight away went to Kakashi's room where he was already awake but still laying down.

After his medication, I got their breakfasts and handed them one each. I sat beside Kakashi and we all ate our breakfast while talking about random things and how today will be so great for me. 15 minutes till the time and I went in to get ready.

I came out of the washroom in my ninja gear. But, this time I also had my jonin jacket and headband on. Kakashi's eyes spoke everything while his mouth hung open. Naruto and Sasuke cheered me on how grown up I looked. Naruto hugged me a million times and Sasuke was sitting but it was the most energy I had ever seen from him.

I glanced at Kakashi and giggled slightly at his face. 

Naruto and Sasuke went out of the room after giving each other a look. 

I walked beside Kakashi and started with a slight chuckle, "You know if you like someone, you tell them."

He pulled me into his arms and pulled down his mask, "I don't tell them. I show them." 

With this, he crashed his lips on mine and we kissed for a proper ten seconds. 

After parting, I put up his mask and kissed his cheek, "Make sure you rest a ton. I'll tell you everything when I come back."

He nodded and I got out of the window towards the meeting hall where Lady Tsunade was already waiting for me. 

She greeted me, "Good morning, Y/N. You look incredible."

I bowed, "Good morning, my lady. It's all because of you."

"Let's go in. Shall we?" ,she said and we walked in.

She gave me a sign to stay in the dark until she calls me out. She went in completely and stood behind her seat. Other jonins standing at their seats respectively.

Lady Tsunade started, "Welcome all to the first jonin meeting. I've already read all about the jonins of the village and I'm happy to say, I'm very proud of everyone's accomplishments. I also read about one chūnin that I felt worthy of being a jonin. I have promoted that certain person and today is their first meeting as well."

"I bet it's Shikamaru." ,one of the jonins said.

"No, he would have told me." ,Shikaku said in a thinking tone.

"Then, it should be Sasuke."

"Yes! The way he helped during the battle with Orochimaru was worthy of being a jonin."

"Quiet." Lady Tsunade said in a calm voice, "I'll get that person out right now." 

She looked behind in the dark, "Come out, our hero."

Shizune poked from behind me and my feet took me out without me knowing. As soon as I entered the light, a kunai came right at me. I changed its direction with my kunai just in time.

Tsunade snapped at the person who threw that, "What do you think you are doing?!"

"She's a rogue ninja, my lady. She's not worth this honor." ,he spoke without any regrets.

"Oh yeah? And, what do you know about her?" Before he could say anything, she started, "I've read everything about her. I even did a deep investigation on her case which made you all believe she was a rogue ninja. She saved her team 7 and went with the bandits alone knowing she won't ever come back if she does it alone. She killed Manda by herself who was attacking the village. The same village that declared her a rogue ninja!" 

The jonin's head hung in regret at this.

She motioned for me to come forward and I did. I stood beside her looking at her. 

She started again, "And you are right. She does not deserve being a jonin. And, that's exactly why I have given her the title of 'Hero of the Village' as well."

With this, everyone sat quietly with a timid and regretful face. She motioned for me to sit on an empty chair which was beside Inoichi. 

He patted my back and said with a smile, "I knew you could do this, Y/N."

I smiled back, "Thank you, Mr. Yamanaka."

The meeting went on like it should be and I learnt everything that was important. 

Izumo and Kotetsu didn't meet my eyes the entire time.

I was internally laughing at their reaction.

(A/N: 46th Chapter!! Also, I changed the title and cover of the book.
Previous title:
New Beginning (Kakashi x Reader)
New title:
Overcoming The Past (Kakashi x Reader)
✌)