New mission

~next morning~

(Kakashi pov:)

We were all summoned by the Hokage. When we entered, there stood an elegant lady looking like a queen. Her hair was tied in a high ponytail. (I told you I'm bad at introduction, Sorry)

"Team 7, this is Princess Aiko." ,Lord Third started as soon as we assembled. "Your today's mission is to escort her to her village situated at the border of the Land of Fire in the east."

We all nodded.

He continued, "This is a C rank mission but there won't be any ninja attacks. Mostly robbers, make sure she gets there safely. You all will depart in 2 hours. You can go get ready. Kakashi, you stay."

We all nodded. Everyone left, even the princess and I stood in attention for Lord third to continue.

"This mission is for Y/N to get her mind off of things. Take care of her. And, by that I mean don't let her run off to get her revenge. She might do something. Also, I'm saying this specifically because the ANBU that I sent to investigate has sent a message telling us that the man is the head of the gangster group and everyone, even the head of the village is terrified of him."

I nodded, "You don't have to worry, Lord third. I'll keep her by my side at all times."

"Good, you can go now." ,he said with a smile.

I went to my house and started packing thinking about the times I will get to be alone with her.

~Time skip to 2 hours later at the gates~

(Y/N pov:)

Everyone has arrived except the most important person. The PRINCESS!!

"I'm getting tired of waiting!" ,Naruto said with impatience.

"Calm down, Naruto. It's not like you can do anything about it." ,I said while internally exploding myself.

A few minutes later, Lord third came to the gates with the princess.

"WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN?!" Naruto started screaming at them.

I put my hand on his mouth and whispered, "You can't just scream at the princess like this."

I removed my hand when he nodded in defeat. I apologized to the princess and she gave a sweet smile.

We all started our journey to the village. I was in front with the princess with Sasuke and Naruto following. And once again, Kakashi sensei had to choose the last position in the formation.

I don't get it. Why does he always choose to stay at the back? I am never able to look at him. These are the times when I wish I had my eyes on the back. It would be so heart warming to look at him all the time. And, what if sometimes when no one is looking, he takes off is mask?! Ugh, this suspense is killing me. I wanna see his face so bad!

These thoughts enveloped my mind before the two men standing in front of us burst my thought bubble. I stood in front of the princess with a kunai in my hand and in a defensive stance. Sasuke and Naruto came into the fighting stance too.

"Oh, look, this little girl thinks she can protect the princess." ,one of them said with an evil laugh.

"Hey, isn't that the girl our boss has been hunting down all these years." ,the other one said stepping a bit further. 

"Looks like we just hit double jackpot." ,the other one came forward and both of them gave us an evil smirk.

I put my kunai down processing their words. I started in a bored tone, "Oh, so you are his men. Eh, my energy is not to be wasted on low lives like you. Back off, I don't have time to play with you two." I said keeping my kunai back in my pocket.