Chakra vs Traps

(Kakashi pov:)

We parted after a while and I planted a soft masked kiss on her forehead. 

She smiled looking down at the ground. 

I entangled my fingers with her, "So, what were you going to do?" 

She looked at me with her dark emotions coming back, "He said that this tunnel leads to one of Orochimaru's hideout. He didn't know the exact location of him but told me about this. Hopefully, he was saying the truth."

I nodded, "Okay then, I'll go in and you stay here safe." 

I was about to go in but she pulled me back by my wrist, "If someone goes in there, it will be me, not you. And if you wanna go in there, we will go together." 

I tightened my grip on her hand, "Okay then, let's go. We both come out together or we don't, promise me." 

She nodded and kissed my cheek, "Promise."

We got on our hands and knees and started crawling inside. There wasn't enough space for us to go in together so she was in front of me. It went almost straight down so we had to be extra careful. We used our chakra to keep ourselves from falling straight into the dark pit. When we weren't able to see anything, she stopped and took out her sword. It glowed blue emitting enough light to look in the dark.

Continuing our crawl for a few more moments, we saw the end of the tunnel. We stood up straight in what seemed to be like a big room. We looked around, there wasn't much around except a few boxes and a wardrobe in far corner of the room. She pointed to it and we walked to it. I opened the door revealing a lit walkway. She took off her chakra from her sword but still had it up for our protection. I took out a kunai as well. We looked at each other and started walking in.

A few steps later, I put my hand in front of her to stop her. She looked at me confused and I bent down pressing my palms against the ground. I spread my chakra in all directions sensing for someone or something. A little far, I sensed a trap laid on the ground which when triggered will throw kunais from the walls. I told her about the trap through sign language.

She nodded and started walking, her feet glowing blue. I followed her, we both were on our guard. We detected a few traps before reaching a T-point but we were able to pass through without triggering them. We decided on taking the path on the right and started on it making sure to not make any sounds. There were a few rooms on both sides but we didn't sense anyone in there so we kept on moving forward. A few steps later, the pathway forked again into two ways. One right and one straight.

We sensed someone in the corner room. We looked at each other and nodded. I covered our chakra and we went to stand beside the door trying to eavesdrop. She found a hole in the wall and started looking through it. I stood on my guard making sure no one attacks her while she does her investigation.

(Y/N pov:)

I pressed my ear against the hole I found and increased my hearing range. I could sense two people standing in there.

"But, we have to go there. Lord Orochimaru." ,I heard a man speak making my eyes wide open on hearing his name.

"What does that base has to do with anything?" ,an old man voice spoke groaning.

"The base far in the west is where I did my research. It will help revive your hands." ,the first man said.

"Okay, fine. But, if that doesn't work, Kabuto." His voice had pure anger in it, "I will make sure you lose all your limbs. Stupid old Sarutobi. Had to take my hands with him too."

"We depart in 3 days. Take some rest till then, Lord Orochimaru."

My fists clenched around the handle of the sword hearing that but I calmed myself. I heard one of them coming towards the door. I signaled Kakashi and we ran back down our path to hide from the man. 

He looked at me, his eyes questioning me if I got everything I needed. I slightly nodded. Before I could say anything else, he grabbed my hand and walked back to where we came from.

On the way back, I had to brighten my sword again. In the dim light, I saw another way that was way close to the opening in the closet. We nodded deciding to go through that way once. We walked till the end of the pathway. There weren't any doors, nor any other pathway but at the end there was a ladder. I started climbing it, Kakashi behind me. At the ceiling, there was a lid that covered a hole. I slowly pushed it, opening it just enough for me to peek.

I looked around, I saw nothing to be afraid off. It was completely empty but it looked like a forest. I climbed out giving a hand to Kakashi to help him out as well. He covered the lid back. I looked around spotting the outer part of hideout behind me and the village where we came from far on the right. I took out a scroll and drew a map to the hideout from the hidden leaf. I marked the village too and handed it to Kakashi.

"Here, this is the map to this hideout. Orochimaru and one of his subordinates named Kabuto were here. But, they will be changing their location in 3 days to a hideout located in the west from here. Probably, his hands will be redeemed in that base."

He nodded, "Wow, you got a lot of information in just a few moments."

"Just lucky timing. And, you got this information, not me. Got that?"

"Fine....I won't tell anyone about being with you." ,he said almost in a sad tone. 

I hugged him tight, "Don't worry. As long as you are alright, I will be fine. Go back to the village. They need you now." 

He hugged me back tighter and kissed my head, "Just always stay near the village. I wanna meet you everyday."

"Okay. How about in the evening? I will meet you by the river." ,I smiled.

"Works for me. Just stay away from any leaf shinobi."

I nodded and we parted. 

We ran back to the village, jumping through the trees. When we were about to reach the main gates, we said our last goodbyes and I went to a different route into the forest while he walked to the gate through the main road.

(A/N: 27th Chapter!! The next one is gonna be the sweetest!! Ooo, I can't wait! 😁)