Who is to Blame?

(Kakashi pov:)

I turned around to find Naruto standing beside Sasuke. I looked around to find Y/N but there was no sign of her. Please don't tell me she saw everything...I know her, she's gonna blame herself for everything.

I slipped away without anyone noticing and ran to her house where I could sense her inside. 

"Y/N?" ,I said slowly knocking on the door. 

No answer. 

I turned to my sweetest voice, "Y/N, I know you are inside. Open up, I need to see you."

I really did. Knowing how she will act, I have to see her right now. She can even hurt herself in the most harmful way. I just hope I'm not too late.

I heard a little sobbing coming closer to the door. 

"Y/N...." ,I whispered as I heard the lock open mixed with a soft sobbing. 

It was the first time I was gonna see her crying. She has always been such a strong girl, I don't know if I'm ready to console her yet. I don't know the first thing to do.

I slowly took a deep breath and let my heart take over. I shut my mind off as I saw the door open slightly. I slowly pushed it to make sure she wasn't right behind it. I opened it just enough for me to slip in only to see my beautiful sweetheart falling part. She was sitting against the wall, her legs and arms covered in blood. She was hiding her face in her hands. She still doesn't want anyone to see her crying.

I locked the door, took off my jonin jacket and sat right beside her, my shoulder touching hers. I knew she will cry in my chest at some point. Might as well make it comfortable for her. I slowly slipped my hand over her shoulder and pulled her towards me. She let me but I felt a cut. 

I looked over to what I felt and the situation scared me.

Gosh, I've to be extra careful right now. These will hurt her so bad.

I held her chin gently and pulled her head onto my chest. I slipped my hand under both of her knees and pulled them over me making her sit on my lap sideways. Her hands finally moved and she hugged me from my waist crying heavily on my chest. 

I pulled down my mask, got closer to her ear and whispered in my sweetest voice, "It's alright, sweetheart. I'm with you now. Everything will be alright now."

I tightened my grip on her back. Thankfully, there were no injuries. I slipped my hand into her hair gently and rubbed her back. Kissing her head, I rocked her slowly making sure none of her cuts get touched to any surface. Her crying was turned into sobbing after almost half an hour. I needed to be patient with her right now.

She is injured physically and emotionally. She was able to capture her mother's killer but that made her lose her grandfather. I made sure she felt loved and secured at that moment. After an hour, her crying almost stopped.

"It's all my fault." ,she whispered in my chest. 

I gently lifted her head from her chin. Her eyes were closed but still wet, her face covered in tear stains. I slowly got my hands on her neck and cupped her cheeks, wiping her cheeks with my thumbs. I slowly kissed her forehead before watching her open her sweet brown eyes.

I whispered, "It's not your fault. It can never be your fault. He died protecting the village, NOT because of you." 

She instantly shook her head and looked away from me, "He died protecting only me. Orochimaru was after me, not the village."

I thought for a moment, then forced her to meet my eyes, "Maybe it is your fault." 

Her eyes turned sadder and were about to fall down but, I held her by her neck to keep her eyes on me.

"What are you gonna do about it? Sit here and cry ruining your beautiful eyes? Or go out there to make sure no one else dies. Look at yourself, you spent 12 years getting stronger to avenge your mom's death. You were just a little girl 12 years ago running away from your own father. And today, you faced over 200 men head on by yourself and got out of it with just a few injuries. Crying won't bring him back. It will just disappoint him. He believed in you that you can face anyone who comes in front of you. And you know what? I believe in you as much as he did. And, I will be right by your side to support you at every second. You will do it, right?"

She nodded and I slowly smiled. She laid her head back on my chest closing her eyes. 

"Please don't ever leave me, Kakashi. I can't bear to lose you, ever." ,she whispered slowly. 

It felt she wanted to say that but at the same time, didn't want me to hear. I just kissed her head in response.

I would never. You are important to me as much as I am to you. Probably more. How I wish to tell you that I love you.

I kept all the thoughts to myself in hope of getting a right time someday to tell her everything and love her the way I've been wanting to.

It's been a while since we sat in silence. She hasn't cried but I'm worried what all she would be thinking. 

I slowly kissed her head and whispered, "You alright?" 

She looked up at me with a small smile and nodded, "Enough to not cry."

I smiled, "My strong girl." 

I kissed her forehead, her smile grew.

"Good. Now, come on. Let's fix your wounds." ,I said as I picked her up bridal style making sure I don't touch any of her injuries. 

I slowly made her sit on the couch and went in to get the med-kit. I came out to find her laying on the couch. Her head on the hand rest, her eyes closed and one hand touching the ground.

(A/N: 22nd Chapter!! #8 on #kakashilovestory!! Being loved by a man like this is such a fantasy...🥺)