S-Rank or D-Rank

(Y/N pov:)

I entered the Hokage office after hearing a "Come in" from Lady Tsunade. 

I bowed in respect greeting her good morning. 

She smiled and returned the greeting. 

Another knock came in from the door and she gave the permission to enter. 

The door opened and Mr. Yamanaka entered in. He smiled and we exchanged our greetings.

"I've got you here for a very important mission." Lady Tsunade started and the smile from my face was wiped off, "Y/N, I know what you are capable of doing. I expect you to be the best choice for this mission."

I bowed, "I'll try my best to not let you down, my lady."

"Good. It's a solo S-rank mission. You ready to hear it?" ,she asked in serious voice and my eyes shot open in fear but I kept a calm expression.

"Yes, my lady." ,I replied calmly.

"We haven't seen Sasuke Uchiha for the past two days. Some people say they saw him going out of the village 2 days ago. Since then, he is missing. We have our suspicions on Kabuto Yakushi. Your mission is to search each and every hideout of him and retrieve Sasuke if he's there. If not, try to get any piece of information you can that might be helpful in finding him. I've chosen you for two reasons, number 1: you have been to a hideout and you know how to hide your chakra and use it simultaneously to avoid traps. And, number 2: he belongs in your team 7."

I nodded, "I understand, my lady. I'll get Sasuke out of the hideout if he's there."

"Good. Inoichi here will tell you all about the hideouts you need to know. The information has been taken from Orochimaru."

Inoichi turned to me, "You still have the map I made for you before? Of the hideouts?"

I nodded and took out a piece of paper laying it on the table. Inoichi drew two more hideouts on the map. 

"But, they are in the Hidden Sound!" Lady Tsunade exclaimed, "You can think about it again, Y/N."

I shook my head with a smile, "I'll be alright, Lady Tsunade."

She smirked and nodded, "Very Well, then. You depart in 2 hours. Dismiss."

I nodded and rolled back the paper keeping it back in my pocket. I went out of the office to my house. Picking up my essentials in under half an hour, I made my way to Kakashi's house. One thing I know for sure, I can not tell Kakashi or Naruto about this. They won't let me go in any case. So, my plan is to tell them it's some easy D-rank mission.

I entered his room through the window and sat on the sill settling my bag on the floor with the support of the wall. Naruto and Kakashi looked at me expecting me to tell them about the mission.

I smiled, "Kakashi was right. It's a simple D-rank mission. It's solo though but really easy."

"So, when do you depart?" ,Naruto asked sadly.

"In an hour. Don't worry, little bro. I'll be back in maximum 6 days." I turned to Kakashi and said in sort of a threatening tone, "I want you out of bed and on the training ground before I come back."

He nodded and chuckled, "Of course. Don't worry."

"Oh, also. Konohamaru came by. He wanted to talk to you." ,Naruto said.

"I haven't talked to him lately. I should go." ,I smiled and gave a kiss on Naruto's cheek.

"I'll come too!" ,Naruto said and jumped out of the room into the hall.

I took the chance to get near Kakashi. I cupped his cheeks, pulling back his hair. 

He closed his eyes smiling and melted into my touch. 

I pulled down his mask and gave him a sweet kiss. 

He put his arm around me making me sit down in front of him without breaking the kiss. 

We parted after a while and smiled looking in each other's eyes.

"Take care, love." ,he said in a sweet whisper.

I smiled, "You too." 

I planted a kiss on his forehead and got up, "Bye. See you soon."

I turned around but was stopped by his sad whisper, "Y/N.....please come back alive...."

I turned around.

"What do you mean? It's just a simple D-rank mission." ,I said hiding my nervousness.

"For a jonin, first mission is never a D-rank. It's either A or B. And, the fact that you lied tells that you got S-rank." He looked at me, his eyes almost tearing, "Just come back alive. I don't wanna lose you."

I quickly pulled him into a hug, his head against my stomach.

"Nothing like that will ever happen, love. We still have a lot to experience together." 

I caressed his hair and pulled his head cupping his cheeks. I planted a few kisses on his forehead and lips and smiled making him smile.

"I'll be back, soon. Don't worry." 

He nodded and we parted.

"Bye, sweetheart." ,he said smiling.

"Bye." ,I waved my hand smiling. 

Picking up my bag, I jumped out of the window landing on the road. Naruto came right after and we walked to Konohamaru's house.

"Big sis Y/N!" ,Konohamaru yelled and ran up to me hugging me. 

I giggled slightly bending down to be on his level. 

I kissed his cheek, "Not mad at me anymore?"

"I never was! People respect you so much now! I so wanna be like you as soon as I can!" ,he said excitedly.

"Well, I don't wanna be Hokage. So, be like your big bro Naruto, okay?" ,I said smiling.

Naruto rubbed the back of his neck embarrassed, "Okay, I guess..."

I giggled, "You two are gonna be great hokage one day."

"Are you going somewhere, sis?" ,Konohamaru said pointing at my bag.

I nodded, "A simple mission. I'll be back soon."

"I'll come to the gates with you!" ,he said excited.

I nodded, "Sure." 

With this, we three started towards the gates. We all talked and laughed on the way. As soon as I reached the gates, I saw Lady Tsunade coming from behind us. I bid both Naruto and Konohamaru Bye with a kiss on their cheek. 

Lady Tsunade took me to a side to talk to me, "You can think about it again if you want."

I shook my head, "I trust in myself. I'll be alright."

"Okay, then. Come back as soon as possible. New mission awaits." ,she said smiling.

"Can't wait!" ,I said and went out of the village waving one last time. 

I went to the nearest water body and put my hand in it creating a water horse. I sat on it and started riding on it towards the father's hideout.

(A/N: 50th Chapter!! Half century!! I hope you are enjoying it so far.😊)