Countdown

Day 1:

(Kakashi pov:)

"But, we need to get more intel on his next plans!"

"That's a job for the ANBU. Not you, Kakashi. Even though you are a former member of the ANBU, you are now important as a jonin to this village."

"But-"

"Not another word, Kakashi. You are staying here in the village. You are needed here. If you try to run off, you will face consequences."

After almost 15 minutes of trying to convince the elders of the village to let me go alone on more investigation, here I am now sitting in defeat and worry. If any of the ANBU members is sent on this "investigation" and he spots Y/N, that would be her last breath.

"Besides, we are already a step ahead of you. We already have enough intel on Orochimaru."

What?! They already have intel?! How?! And when?!

My eyes shot up to the old man sitting in front of me across the table, Homura Mitokado, one of the elders of the village. My heart almost stopped hoping they didn't see her anywhere.

"One of the ANBU returned today with some very important intel on him." He continued, "According  to him, Orochimaru will be attacking the village pretty soon. We need all the man power we can get."

"But didn't Lord third took his arms with him?" ,one of the jonins spoke.

"Yes, that's true. But, it seems he has come up with a plan and will be attacking soon. All of you are required to get all the villagers to a safe place with all the genins to take care of them. All the Chūnins and the Jonins will stay on high alert on all the 4 borders of Konoha to prevent any extensive damage to the village. If the man power runs short, get a few genins to join but not the rookies."

We all nodded but my heart was still in deep thoughts of Y/N. We already know the plan and if he attacks, that would clearly mean either she died or has been captured by him. Even if we manage to chase him away, he's gonna go back and kill my precious love. I can't let that happen, I gotta save her. But I can't even go out of the village. This is so frustrating.

The meeting was dismissed and I was wrecking my brain all the day on how to get to her. I was made the head to make sure all the villagers get to the evacuation point safely. Great! I can't even think of leaving for the next  two days!

Day 2:

(Y/N pov:)

Finally!! That journey took forever. I have finally reached the sound village. Now, all I gotta do is find his hideout and get deep into this matter. But before that, damn I need some rest. My feet are too swollen to go any further. I guess I will rest today and start tomorrow. This is gonna be so hard.

Day 3:

(Y/N pov:)

Okay, today I get to work. I started with letting my chakra flow through the water in the soil underneath my feet as I walked through the village. I sent it wide away to try to sense a familiar chakra. And by familiar chakra, I mean Orochimaru's chakra. I memorized his chakra signature to make it easy for me to find him. I'm almost at the center of the village and I haven't found anything like him yet.

I decided to spend the night in an inn that was almost at the border of the village. It was the last room available in the inn. I checked in and went in my room to have a good night rest. More than half of my chakra was used up trying to find him. I needed time today to get myself regenerated. Tomorrow is gonna be harder.

(Kakashi pov:)

I think that's the last of the villager. Finally, a little rest to try to get out of here. But, I need to check the entire village tomorrow once more. Y/N is important but I can't neglect my duties towards my village. She will be furious if she gets to know that I abandoned the village to get to her.

Day 4:

(Kakashi pov:)

Time to take a round around the village. That's gonna take 5 hours. I did my walk and as I was about to take a little rest, I was summoned by the elders of the village, again. And now I am supposed to guard the east border of the village. Not only that, I have to guide and assign positions to the other Chūnins and Jonins. That's right, I'm heading the team in the east.

Awesome! Now I just cannot get to her no matter what! Sometimes I hate being the copy ninja of the leaf.

(Y/N pov:)

I was packing my bags and looking under the bed to see if I left anything. I didn't lose anything but I sure did find something. I picked up my bag and took out my sword to turn on my special flashlight. Under the bed, the tile seemed to be coming out. I slowly pulled it off to reveal a tunnel under it. I slowly started stepping in, covering the lid and brightening my sword's light.

As I walked further, I felt being at a familiar place. It was a lot like the hideout I went in. Did I just manage to get the room with a tunnel that leads to Orochimaru's hideout? Yes! And I was happy about it. Finally, a lead to get into the matter.

A smell of strong chemicals hit my nose and I followed it hoping to find the main man in the lab. And, boy was I right? I finally sensed his chakra inside the room and tried to make out what the talks are all about.

"Are you sure this will work, Kabuto?" ,I recognized Orochimaru's voice.

"Yes, my lord. 1 hour and your hands will get back to normal." ,Kabuto spoke.

That's Orochimaru and Kabuto! And, his hands will be back to normal?! I put my hand on my mouth to not gasp loudly.

"I can't wait to crush the leaf village like sand under my foot. They will pay for their Hokage's deeds. And, I will get my hands on Y/N and unwrap all the secrets that will lead me to perfect immortality!"

"Yes, Lord Orochimaru. She and her immense powers are the only key to open the gates of immortality. After you take over her body, no matter how many times you die, you will revive immediately unlike now-"

"I know, Kabuto. I can only die 5 times, 6th time I won't revive again."

"But the main thing that you don't know is that you are to be killed with a different technique each time. After you die with a certain power, you will be immune to that specific chakra nature."

"Oh yes, how can I forget your amazing brain power to come up with such strong jutsus."

My eyes widened in shock as their plans entered my ears. I tried to process everything when a girl voice from behind me broke me out of my chain of thoughts. I could now sense four chakras behind me.

"It's the girl he's been looking for."

(A/N: 30th Chapter!! Wow! I never thought I would go upto this point. But, now...I dont plan on stopping this story until Boruto ends. And, some other sequel doesn't come out. Until Kakashi is alive by Kishimoto, he will stay alive in this story. I don't mind writing a 1000 parts to this story! 😁)

(Another note: I just noticed that this story got on #3 on the #sannin !!!!)