The Truth

(Kakashi pov:)

It's been four days since she left. Everything is over and I'm finally back to being a shinobi. I just hope she comes back alright. But, I kinda want to know why her father did what he did....she won't be happy about this.

"Aren't you one of her ninja friends?" ,he said in almost fear standing back from me.

Wow, she really did plant a little drop of fear in his heart. Good to know but scary too. I don't even wanna imagine what she might do to me if I don't take her out on a date when she wants to.

"Yes, I was her sensei." I said giving him a closed eye smile, "She is one of a kind shinobi. And, that's why I wanna know..." 

I changed my expression to threaten him even when I had no intention cause if I did, she won't be happy about it. And if that happens, I'll end up with that fear, "Why did you do what you did?"

He dragged his body down against the wall and sat on the ground. 

His voice stated regret, "Killing M/N was a mistake. I didn't want to but she got in between me taking Y/N away." His voice turned to anger, "But, trying to sell her off wasn't a mistake and I will do it today too if I could!"

"She said you loved her and her mom a lot. Your explanation and her statement don't match with each other at all. So, what's the truth?" ,I seriously wanted to kill him right there. 

He faked his love for her and then tried to sell her off.

"I did love her." His voice softened, "That's why I couldn't kill her myself..... Selling her off was my only option."

"If someone loves his daughter, he doesn't try to get rid of her!" ,I was fuming at this point but had to hold back myself from harming him.

"Do you know about her mysterious power? Did you ever feel she's different from a normal shinobi even though she's not a part of a shinobi family?"

"Yes, I've felt and seen that." ,I calmed down. 

This was one thing I never got answers for. Whenever I asked her about it, she always said she doesn't know anything.

"It was like a curse on our family back then. She got kidnapped for her power almost every other day. We were running out of money to give to shinobis to get her back. That's why I decided to just sell her off. She would be safe with him. No more kidnapping, no more hurting. But, her mom came in between and died." ,his voice showed care and truthfulness but still, that's not a reason to do what he did.

"Do you know anything about her power?"

"Not a clue. It was always a mystery to us. We never even tried to find about it. It was labeled as a curse by me."

I clenched my fist stopping myself from harming him and walked out of the prison. The ANBU closed the door and I went to the library to try to find anything about it.

~2 days later~

(Y/N pov:)

I reached the village and Hinami disappeared. I walked to the Hokage's office making sure Naruto or Kakashi don't see me. I entered the Hokage office with her permission and told her every single detail with my eyes on the ground.

As soon as I finished, she slammed her palms on her desk in anger standing up. 

Her voice dripped with anger, "HOW CAN SASUKE BE SO STUPID?!"

She slowly calmed herself and sat down, "How will you tell them about it?"

"I'm still thinking about it." I said, "So far, I have no courage..."

"Understandable." She paused for a while then started again, "Y/N. Your next mission."

My eyes shot up to meet her, "Yes, my lady."

"Find whatever intel you can on this condition of Sasuke. Until, we get a way to cure him, this mission will stay a secret and no one can know about it."

I nodded, "Understood."

"Good. You can go now." She looked away, "Try to tell them as soon as you can."

"Yes, my lady." ,I bowed and went out of the office. 

I started my way back home making sure I don't cross roads with Naruto or Kakashi. I entered the house and went to sit on the couch.

"Just as I felt!" ,a sound came from behind me.

I jumped up and turned around to see Kakashi standing on the doorframe, "Kakashi? When did you...?"

"Last time I was here, I noticed the location of the spare key. So, I got in today." He came closer and sat beside me, "I kinda had a feeling you would return from the mission today. So, I thought I would join you for lunch."

"So, your arm is recovered." I hugged him, my head on his chest and both of his arms around me, "This feels so much better. Good to see you back on feet, Kakashi."

He lightly kissed my head and we parted, "So, how was the mission?"

Uh-oh......gotta come up with a lie....NOW!

"Umm.....can we eat first? I'll tell all you about it later." ,I said making sure my voice doesn't sound hesitant.

Not a lie but I think it will work.

"Okay....." ,he kissed my cheek and took me to the kitchen.

I think it did!

He sat me down on the table and laid down my favorite food, "I hope you like it."

"These are all my favorite dishes!" I looked up at him, "How did you know?"

"I may have asked Naruto a little about you...." ,he said rubbing the back of his neck shyly.

I pulled him to sit beside me and locked eyes with him. I got closer and took off his mask. 

I gently pulled him closer to me and whispered, "I love you." 

Before he could reply, I pulled him into a kiss.

A while later we parted and he whispered with a smile, "I love you too." 

He cleared his throat and pulled away, "Let's eat now."

We had our meal and talked all the time about random things and how the training is resumed. And from tomorrow, I will be back in training too with team 7, well, 3/4th of team 7.

Sasuke's subject did come up once or twice but I always made it slide saying I haven't seen him in a long while.

The day went on with me and Kakashi talking. In the evening, I was tired so, I sat on his lap and rested my head on his shoulder while he read his book. I fell asleep playing with his hair shortly after.

The last thing I felt was a small kiss on my shoulder and I was taken to my bedroom. I was pulled into a familiar chest and after that, it was just a sound sleep.

(A/N: 52nd Chapter!! I got nothing to say... 1.1K+ READS!! That's insane!! 🤯)