Hauntings of the Past

~in the morning~

(Y/N pov:)

I was sharing my room with Naruto while Sasuke and Kakashi sensei shared the other room. Naruto had forced to be with me to make sure I get a good sleep because he knew everything I was going through staying in this village.

Even after that, I could only sleep for one or two hours. Whatever happened in this village back then has traumatized me to the extent I didn't wanna come here but I had no choice. My chest started hurting and I held it to calm the pain as a few tears rolled down my cheeks but I made sure Naruto does not hear my sobs.

The pain faded after a while and I was back to normal. It happened at the right time because right after that, there was a knock on the door. I quickly stood up and opened it to reveal the masked ninja.

"Good morning sensei.", I said with a smile.

He nodded with a smile,"Good morning. Get ready, we will be heading out soon."

I nodded,"Yes, sensei."

He went away and I closed the door behind him. I packed my stuff as I called out to Naruto to wake up.

He sat up rubbing his eyes,"Y/N? Did you get good sleep last night?"

"Yeah, it wasn't very comfortable, but, I can make back to the village without any problem." I smiled.

"Okay, I guess that will work. Don't worry, I'll make sure none of your past comes back. I'll protect you with my life, it's a promise.", he smiled his optimistic smile.

"Thanks Naruto." I hugged him almost about to cry.

He's everything I have wanted my brother to be. I will always be thankful for having him in my life.

I let him go,"Now, come on, pack your stuff. We are heading out soon."

He nodded and started preparing his stuff.

When he went away from me, I sat on the bed and took out my mother's photo that I always keep with me.

Hugging her photo, I whispered as if I was talking to her, "Please watch over me, mom. I don't want to meet him so soon. I'm not yet ready for it." Tears start rolling down my eyes. "But, I promise I will get you justice. I'll become so much more stronger and kill that man."

My tears turned into anger. I kissed my mother's cheek and kept the photo back in my bag. I wiped my tears and got dressed in my ninja gear.

Naruto stood ready beside me and we both went out to the dining room. Kakashi sensei and Sasuke were already there waiting for us. We ate our breakfast, greeted the head goodbye and started our journey back to our village in the same formation.

As the house came back in view, I removed my eyes from the surroundings staring at the ground in front of me and kept on walking without thinking about anything else. My fists clenched to stop my anxiety from taking over me.

Naruto noticed me and came close to me to comfort me.

"I'll never be able to see this house again without those memories flashing." I whispered slowly to Naruto.

He rubbed my back,"It's fine, you don't have to be here ever again. Atleast, not alone. I will be with you."

I nodded slowly leaning a bit on Naruto and we walked like that to the gates.

(Kakashi pov:)

Y/N seems pretty messed up. She was like this even when we entered the village yesterday. Does she know this place? Did something happen to her here?