acceptance

josh x trans! Reader 

this is about y/n accepting who he is, an male trapped in a girl's body, basic summary to make sense! also josh, his bf at the time, accepts him for who he is<3

pre! fear street events:) 

I am a boy.

I am a boy.

You were wide awake, thinking those thoughts, You got up and stared in the mirror, imagining yourself if you had been born a boy, life would have been so much simpler, You wanted to believe that being trans was something wrong.

Plus, you had a perfect relationship with Josh, a straight dude not attracted to men, you knew you still loved him, and, gay, attracted to non women. You let the tears fall. I am a boy, not a girl, You thought. I don't want to be a girl anymore. never was one. 

In Shadyside, being trans or part of the lgbtq+ community was accepted, but then you and your family moved to Sunnyvale and your relationship with Josh became long distance, and was more homophobic than an accepting town, because it was so-called perfect.

From the moment you could talk and walk, you could remember dressing in masculine  clothing, but wanted to fit in, so you normally wore feminine clothing. 

Your parents, however, were loving and would support you, you knew that...

but would josh?

You went back to sleep, not knowing what to do. You had to come out one way or another. Summer was pretty in Sunnyvale, but you hadn't seen your hometown in a bit.

"Mom! can i visit my friends in Shadyside?" 

"Sure! i'll drive!" 

"Okay!"

You got dropped off at the hangout spot you and your friends, Deena, Kate and Simon hung out at. However, you hadn't seen them in a while since moving.  "Y/N? Simon asked, his eyes widened at seeing you.

You weakly smile. "That's me!" Deena laughed. "Still dating my brother?" You laughed."Yeah, going strong, can i talk to you all?"

Kate nodded."Yeah/n, we're here for you." 

they were supportive.

so why were you so afraid of telling them?

You sighed. "I'm trans, i identify as male and don't feel like a girl." They simply hugged you, whispering that you were valid, and called you handsome boy.

Now, time to tell Josh.

You went to Deena's home, and knocked on the door. "y/n! josh said, hugging you, then kissing you. You laughed softly. "Josh, can we talk? will this change our relationship?" He shook his head, and sat on the couch. 

"I'm trans, Josh, i use he/him pronouns now, i hate being a female, i am not a girl."

Josh remained silent, then kissed your lips." I still love you, Y/N."