lost a chance

Alice x fem!reader x young! Nick Goode

an au where the entire ordeal of fear street never happened. 

i think most imagines will be in 2nd person pov now, hopefully that doesn't matter:)

"Okay Campers! You said, enthusiastically. "Get ready to go swimming in the lake." The campers cheered as they ran to their cabins to get ready. You laughed. "Y/n, you're a good camp counselor, your friend/crush Alice complimented.

"Thanks, i've been here for a few years, You reply. "Every summer, and i can't say I'm bored." "Wow, Alice chuckled, lighting a cigarette. "You shouldn't do that here, i mean... setting an bad example, You told her.

"You sound like a mother, Alice joked, still smoking. "I'm not too worried about getting fired, Y/n." You did know that She didn't give two shits about getting fired, being a camp counselor wasn't about the salary, but having fun to you.

To say that you were the total opposite of Alice was an understatement. She wanted a higher pay, was a total rebel who had sex almost every day in secret, smoked, and in general, was a bad girl. 

You were a virgin, happy, carefree, and loved kids, that may have been why you got the job in the first place, ideal counselor in Camp Nightwing. "Y/N, Your other friend, Cindy said. "Can you help me out with a craft session that is scheduled?"

"Mhm, You agreed, leaving Alice standing there. You admitted to yourself that you should have manned up and confessed to Alice but that was too late now, you had other things to do. 

____________________________________________________________

After helping Cindy out, you noticed Alice had gone to her cabin. You sighed. "Everything okay Y/n? Nick Goode, a sunnyvaler counselor asked.  "Mhm, you lie. "I'm fine, don't worry about it. Hey, uh, do you have any plans tonight?"

"not really, you?"

"don't have anything planned."

"we should hang out then."

"yeah."

You made plans with Nick to meet him after dark in the forbidden area, which sounded like a bit of a rebellious choice. You approached Alice's cabin, and heard moans, which meant she was having sex.

this meant something. 

You sigh, wiping away your tears knowing you never had a chance in the first place with Alice.

time skip 

You were sitting next to Nick, both of you smiling and flirting. "So Y/N, you have any experience here? He asked. 

"Uh, yeah, i've been a camper for 2 years and now an official counselor, You told him. "Actually pretty fun." He chuckled."I'd say it is. besides the rivalry between Sunnyvale and Shadyside." "Can fully agree that it's stupid, You agreed.

Both of you were now simply smiling, you saw him lean in, and you leaned in as well, having your first kiss.

You hadn't noticed that Alice was going up to that spot she went to often, now realizing she had lost a chance with you.