happier

|kate x fem!reader|

fluff/angst imagine, so both

You sighed, you were cuddling your girlfriend, listening to the mixtape you made for her on your first day over a year ago, which felt like a long time ago, honestly.   "Hey y/n, are you alright? Kate asked. "You seem lost in thought."

"I might be, You chuckled. "I mean, i was imagining what our lives would be like together, in the future, ya know?" She nodded. "I have to, recently. I want us to be together then." You chuckle. "Well, we better keep these mixtapes for the future."

"Y/N, what if they dont use mixtapes anymore by then? She asked you. You smirk. "Nonsense, they are awesome, who would NOT use them anymore?" You sensed somehow that Kate might be falling out of love with you.

Kate looked nervous, as if she was faking all of it and did not want to mess up her act. You frown. "Kate, i know you have fallen out of love with me."

"W-What? Y/N, i love you."

"i know you don't, i see it in your eyes. you love someone else."

present time

It had been over another year since that day, You broke up with her, of course, she admitted she had fallen out of love with you, but that hurt you even more. Sometimes, you saw her on the streets, a new girlfriend.

Kate was kissing her, and giving her new love more than she gave you, frankly, that proved enough to you, She never loved you at all.

You began sobbing, then whispering, "I hope you are happier."