✨ emotional surge ✨

"Baby, don't b-" Jimin's thoat squeezed as he saw the knife in Jungkook's hand slicing through the vegetables mercilessly.

"What ?!" Jungkook asked, his voice sharp and tone evidently furious.

Jimin gulped looking between Jungkook's face and the sharp knife, "D-don't be mad at-"

"You have no righ—" Jungkook's sentence broke when he was yanked back in a protective back hug when Jimin saw Jungkook toss the chopped onions in hot oil recklessly ,"—absolute no rights to say anything about this matter hyung!" Jungkook completed nevertheless as he pushed Jimin back surprisingly very gently and stir the onions.

"Why don't I ? I should have rights to explain—"

Jungkook held up his palm in air as he turned to look at Jimin,"Why would Taemin hyung do that to me ?" It was the last time Jimin saw fire balls in Jungkook's eyes because after finishing the sentence, the fireballs took unexpected twist to become water balls.

Jimin's eyes widened at the drastic change in Jungkook's behaviour and he couldn't help but very gently ask, "Sweetheart, are you... crying ?"

Jungkook turned away wiping his eyes agressively like a child by his sweater paws, "go to Taemin hyung and—"

At Jungkook's abrupt pause, Jimin tried to peek at his husband and question very carefully, "go and do what ?"

Jungkook didn't look at Jimin, instead he turned on his heels, still hiding his face with sweater paw and other hand now clasped on jimin's shirt, which Jimin didn't even notice when slid on him, "no.."

Jimin's ears alerted at a very tiny, soft and almost inaudible whisper "Did you just say 'no', koo ?" He asked as his hands reached to Jungkook's palm.

As Jimin freed Jungkook's face from his paw, and made contact with his eyes, " don't go anywhere." Jungkook whispered apologetically, his head hung low but his eyes maintaining contact with his husband.

Cute how he thinks I'll leave if he'll say it.

" I didn't mean it when I said go." Jungkook bit his lip in pure guilt as his palms tightened on the shirt of Jimin's chest.

What is wrong with Jungkook? He would never sulk and apologize for such small thing. On top of that, it isn't even the topic on which he was supposed to sulk at first place.

"But tell Taemin hyung, I will never forgive him for lying to me!" And the determination mixed outrage was again back in Jungkook's tone and eyes.

On the other hand, Jimin had just choked on his thoughts as Jungkook had whacked Jimin's chest talking in anger unconsciously. "Babe. My precious flame, don't be so hard on him. He's also your hyung aft—"

"Hyungs don't abandon their dongsaeng." And Jungkook was back to being sentimental as he whispered with a pained sigh while fidling with the hem of his own shirt.

Jimin now massaged his temple as he questioned between the sigh, "I suppose, the dongsaeng you're talking about is you. So, when did he exactly abandon you?"

"He used to be the only person who always played video games with me when no one else did." Jungkook took a pause for his utterly emotional sigh then proceeded, "And today, he abandoned me and was—"