✨No Matter What✨

"46 messages 31 missed calls." Namjoon said out loud and Jin bit his lips with nervousness on his face.

"Call her." Jin instructed and Jungkook's eyes went wide as he shook his head furiously in "no". However, before they could talk more about this, Jungkook's phone started buzzing, showing an incoming call from "Eomma❤️"

" Pick up the call, Jungkook." Namjoon commanded when he saw hesitancy on Jungkook's face and Jungkook tap on the green icon with his eyes squeezed shut.

"H-hello, Mom?"

"Hello? Can you hear me?"

"Mom?"

"Mom!! Are you crying? Talk to me. Mom?!" Jungkook panicked when he heard sniffles from other line.

"J-Jungk-kook." Lady stuttered badly with hiccups.

"What is it Mom? Why are you crying?"

"Jungkook. W-will you ans-swer m-me something p-please?"

"Please stop crying first, Mom. Yes , I'll answer anything you ask!" He panicked ,hearing cries from his mother.

"....."

"Tell me, Mom!" Jungkook broke down himself.

"My darling, a-am I that bad of a m-mother?"

"....." Jungkook's heart sank hearing that.

"Guess, I am. And today, I'm here to apologise for my recklessness . For my sins."

"What are you saying, Mom. You're not bad mother. You're the best mother I could've ever asked for."

"N-no ,Jungkook. A good m-mother never fails to understand her o-own child like I-I did. I failed y-you, Jungkook." She barely talked through her hiccups.

"Mom, you never failed for anything! Stop saying that. Tell me what is wrong!" Jungkook asked desperately.

"J-Jungkook. I got to know h-how much you've suffered because of my stupid acts. I didn't knew I've been watering insecurities and self doubts in you, which ended up doing things to you that I've always feared the most. Being your mother, I knew how closed you are , how you don't share your problems with others and just let it eat you from inside. I knew everything! Still I ended up creating that boundary around you that restricted you from being yourself. How...How could I-" Mrs. Jeon paused as she started hiccuping more with streams of tears flowing endlessly from her eyes.

Jungkook couldn't believe anything as he himself now started crying silently.

"Darling, I never ever wanted to push you to be someone that you are not. I was just very concerned for you, I knew how much of a sweetheart you are. I knew, even if people publish a bullshit about you, you'll still meet 'em with smile on your face and cry in your room alone later at night. I thought, the articles about you and Jimin might offend you in some way, which could lead to ,you being distant from Jimin. Many times I thought I'll just ask you directly but whenever I would talk to you regarding this topic, you'd always get uncomfortable, that made me worried if I'm troubling or hurting you and eventually I got scared that, if I ask you directly , you'll lost faith on your mom for believing things that media publish."