Winter's Night - Part 2

Mid winter had finally come around and I was still a well...little heater for Daniela Dimitrescu. Her sisters weren't to fond of it as she was attached to me near 24/7. Her mother on the other hand wasn't really having a bar of it. I could barely do my duties because Daniela would either be cuddling me or dragging me off to her room or some sort of secluded room where she could warm up. Because she was necessarily sleeping whenever she chose to warm up, she would get me to read one of many of her romance novels she kept stashed in her room or on a shelf in the library. Even when the red head didn't need warmth she'd seek my out anyways even if it was in the middle of the night. We'd talk to each other, share stories and honestly just sit down for a bit while watching the weather outside. One night however, her family wasn't having it anymore.

"So Miss Daniela-" "Just Daniela or Dani okay?" I nodded and smiled softly, she scooted closer to me so I opened my arms, "cold?" "No just..." when her hand landed on my thigh and she leaned ever so closely to my face, I noticed her eyes had travelled down to my lips causing me to swallow a gulp before leaning in too. Before our lips met, the library's doors slammed open. "Daniela Dimitrescu!" Our heads shot around and looked as Lady Dimitrescu, Cassandra and Bela now entered the library. "This is the last straw! This is the seventh time you haven't shown up for dinner! I have had it with you and this maid!" Daniela and I both now stood up as the three came marching over before halting, Cassandra and Bela both behind their mother as Daniela growled lightly, I stayed behind Daniela, my eyes wide as I watched the four. "Come along now and leave the maid alone." Daniela shook her head and frowned, "I, she- we like each other!" Now Lady Dimitrescu raised a brow and scoffed.

"Likes you? Oh please Daniela that is absurd! Dear, this whole romance story you've invented between this maid and you just proves how naïve you are. Why would she like you? Oh do tell me!" She gripped her own hips, looking down at the both of us before now reaching her hand out to her daughter, "don't be such a fool and come with mother-" "No!"

"No?"

Daniela's eyes widened at what she just said, I swear this room just got colder...much, much colder. Lady Dimitrescu's small smile fell from her face ever so slowly as she now cracked her jaw a bit, "oh, I see how it is." Daniela now gripped my hand and pulled me away, us constantly now backing up as her mother and two sisters began walking closer to us.

"Daniela's so mature now! Such a clever, grown up Lady!" She grinned with her eyes widening, her golden pupils now glowing, her fangs slowly growing out. "Fine if you're so sure now go ahead and give her all of this!" With that Cassandra threw a bag of Lei onto the ground it was bound to have hundreds in it! My eyes widened at the sight but I looked at it only for a split second not caring for it. Daniela began to snarl a bit as her sisters kept coming closer every time we stepped back. "Give it to her just watch and you'll see! That is why she's here, paying off a debt her own poor father couldn't! Don't let that maid deceive you my Daniela. Trust me my dear," she snapped her fingers, "that's just how fast she'll leave you! If she's lying and takes it away, don't come crying to me!"

Daniela faltered and now looked to me with soft eyes yet fearful ones. "Y-You wouldn't...would you?" I looked at her in shocked, "of course not Dani! I-I...I really am in l-" Suddenly Lady Dimitrescu snapped her fingers and scoffed, "daughters...do bring me the maid. Now." Daniela and I both looked as Cassandra and Bela now grinned though Bela seemed rather more hesitant as they now came flying towards us. "No!" Daniela gripped onto my wrist tighter and without thinking she ran and jumped out the window, holding me close. Glass shattered and Lady Dimitrescu screamed out for her daughter. Cassandra and Bela hissed and fled from the library become the outside blizzard came in through the shattered window.

Daniela and I both landed in the snow with a thud before I got up and held Daniela close. "Dani you idiot! You could die out here!" Daniela snapped at me a bit and just dragged me up and out of the snow, both of us now running down the path and out of the main gate as the castle's main doors burst open revealing Lady Dimitrescu who was pissed.

Daniela and I kept running through the snow and the blizzard blew hard. "D-Daniela! Where are we going!?" Daniela shook her head as I began to notice she was becoming incredibly pale even though she wore a thick jacket. "I don't know but I'm not letting them take you!" A suddenly group of howling now echoed through the blizzard causing us both to run faster in some random direction. "Lycans! We need shelter!"

It hadn't taken long and we both had ended up at an abandoned cabin that was deep within the woods yet off Dimitrescu land. Daniela pushed open the door but collapsed as she got inside. I rushed to her side and pulled her up onto my lap as the howling continued. "Dani!? Dani!!" I screamed as I noticed her body start to crystalize a bit and her eyes not open. I moved her over to the fireplace and now shut the main door, stopping the blizzard from continuing to come inside. I raced back over to the fire place and shoved in spare small bits of wood and kindling that was scattered along the floor. I got up and began searching the house, the howling and snarling growing closer and closer from the lycans. Finally I shoved open a draw seeing some matches...only one left. I grabbed it with shivering hands before moving to the fire place and lighting the match. Just as I started to get the fire going, the door bust open, a large Lycan snarling at us. I looked around and grabbed the nearest sharp object, the fire poker.

I stood up, already rather exhausted as the Lycan began stalking towards us. I moved in front of Daniela's still breathing yet crystalizing body as the Lycan got even closer. It snapped at me but when it did I shoved the fire poker towards it, getting it just in the eye. It threw it's head up and roared, now slashing it's claws around, catching onto my shirt and shoving me down onto the ground. I cried out in pain and turned over onto my back, kicking out at it until it's claws tore through my shirt. It looked at me dead in the eye, fire poker still lodged in it's right eye before it now threw it's head towards me, jaws right open. I shut my eyes and covered my face with a scream.

...

......

I blinked slowly a few times, looking up seeing when it had launched it's snapping jaws towards me, it lodged the fire poker into the floor boards, shoving the already buried metal rod deeper into it's head, killing it. I dragged myself out from underneath the large beast before crawling over to Daniela, wrapping my arms around her as the fire now stayed lit and began warming us both up. Her crystallization stopped and slowly began to fade away with the heat. I held her head against my chest and began whispering soft words to her, tears rolling down my cheeks while my bloodied chest pressed against her. This was where we both die wasn't it? Just two innocent girls, master and slave, both die because they were in love.

Suddenly yet again the front door burst open. I closed my eyes expecting a Lycan to launch itself at us but a small gasp sounded in the air. I slowly turned my head around now seeing Lady Dimitrescu with a thick cloak on and looking at our shivering bodies. She slowly made her way over to us, reaching out which caused me to flinch and hold Daniela closer against my chest. The countess now noticed the blood and how the crystals faded off of her daughter. She sighed and crouched down, pulling us both against her. "I apologize, I never meant for this to happen. I-I...I'm sorry my dear." She whispered gently to Daniela who began to stir when she smelt blood. The red head slowly opened her eyes and looked around, seeing the dead Lycan, the blood that trickled down a chest and now her mother wrapping herself and I into her cloak. Daniela continued to hold me close as I began to pass out from exhaustion and blood loss. "You know I love you my dear. I thought...I was only trying to protect you incase she was like every other maid-" "Well she's not and now she's dying and it's your fault!" Lady Dimitrescu sighed and nodded, "I know my Daniela, it is my fault, I shouldn't of acted out like that towards either of you. The love between you two is real and I apologize for not listening to you." Lady Dimitrescu slowly let go of us as I finally blacked out.

Daniela continued to hold me close and on her lap, tears rolling down her own cheeks, "she's dying mother...she's not going to come back is she?" Her mother couldn't bare seeing her youngest daughter cry so she leaned down towards my body even though Daniela let out a soft growl but stopped when she noticed her mother cut open her own wrist. She pressed her wrist against my lips, the blood now trickling own in my throat.

When her wound healed up she leaned back, both of them now watching as the slashes along my chest now began closing up and stopped bleeding. My skin began to warm back up before I groaned snuggled into Daniela, my grip becoming just a bit tighter than hers. I breathed out a huff and relaxed now in her arms alive and breathing. Daniela smiled and hugged me, "thank you mother!" She looked up to her mother who stood up, scooping us both into her arms. "Anything for you my dear. Now come along we must return home. It is much to cold out here and before you ask...yes I approve. Especially knowing she risked her life for you." Daniela couldn't help but smile and now keep me close against her chest as her Mother now carried us both out of the cabin and back to the castle.

Kudos if you know the song :3

inspired by tiktoker danidimitrescu duet with ceekayye video!! Go chuck em a follow on tiktok!!!