Her Winged Warrior - Part 9

When the giant hand had smashed down onto my back, I coughed out some blood and cried out loudly in pain. Now heading it growl near my head. I tried flapping my wings about but they were stuck under the hand that continued to hold me down. My eyes widened as I felt two sets of teeth now clamp onto my wings, the hand shifting a bit on my back but holding me down harder. I gripped onto the stone and screamed so loud I thought my own ears would bust. With one giant tug, blood now sprayed out everywhere, the beast now falling off me a bit. A bunch of bloodied feathers now falling all along the ground like ashes from a bon fire. My heart now thumping in my head as I now saw what was...once my wings, now drop down beside me and flick about a bit before they went frozen solid, blood beginning to pool around me a bit.

I hadn't even noticed or heard the beast roar in pain again or the sudden uproar of Alcina smashing into it and her giant claws slashing at it wildly. My hand just shakenly stretched out towards my wings, feeling the bloodied feathers not moving or even twitching, not even feeling my back had blood spewing out of it and was in extreme pain. My mind just going blank as I slowly lifted one of the wings partially. My eyes now glowed brightly before I began to stand up, not focusing on any of my muscle pain. I hunched over a bit as I turned to where the beast tried slashing at Alcina. Within a flash I had dashed towards the beast, smashing my body with it again, tackling it to the ground.

Alcina watched me with wide eyes as I began tearing into the beast like some rabid animal. My eyes were red instead of yellow now, blood spluttering all over my face as my hands tore at one of the necks. As the other head that was severely damaged already, tried snapping at me, I grabbed it's bottom jaw and top jaw, now prying them apart from each other. And just like that...I tore the bottom jaw off of the head and threw it away. The beast's body now going limp, a giant pool of blood now spreading around it. I heaved and looked down at the body before snapping my head up to where Alcina had hesitantly reached out to me. I was panting heavily, blood rolling down my face as I watched her.

"K-Karasu?" The Countess never stuttered. She looked at me with complete worry and surprise, her hand now slowly wiping a bit of blood away from my eyes. "My dear Karasu..." she took a quick glance at my back before now lifting my up as the pain finally began to set in, my high of panic and blood lust had died down rather quickly. I now cried out and held onto her, tears streaming down my face as she held me close, "easy, easy dear. You're incredibly wounded and have lost a lot of blood." She dropped to her knees as she looked me over, my blood pouring out and all over her hands and dress. Trying to run back to the castle would just wound me more and would take too long. "I...I'm sorry my dear." I looked up at her as the red in my eyes faded and was replaced with yellow but it was incredibly dull due to the blood loss I had suffered. She continued to watch my body begin to go limp in her hands, "is...is this what death feels like?" I croaked out and reached up to her face, my bloodied hand now cupping her cheek a bit. "No! You're not dying on me Karasu, it's not your time."

I watched as she now nicked her wrist with her claw, blood beginning to seep out of it. "Drink my blood. Now." She pressed her wound to my lips and I did as I was told, beginning to swallow her blood and latching my teeth into her wrist which made her wince a bit as I didn't exactly have fangs like her or her daughters. As her blood entered my system, my wounds slowly began to close up. Neither of us heard the running of foot steps as villagers came back into the village followed along with Donna and the three girls (who were wearing heavy jackets), the still burning buildings gave off enough heat for the girls to now freeze up and it lit the area around us as I now unlatched from Alcina's wrist. I looked over seeing the other four ladies running up beside us, my head now slowly falling back and limp, my world going to complete darkness.

Alcina gently held my head up and against her chest as she now stood up, looking down to Donna and her three daughters who's faces were filled with worry and shock. "She'll be okay. She has just lost a lot of blood...and her wings. Bela you will phone Mother Miranda on what has happened, Daniela and Cassandra you will both set up the medical wing." She now looked to Donna, "will...will you help me tend to her?" She nodded and now the group left the village without another word, the villagers dealing with the fires easily and having to deal with the body of the beast.

Once back in the castle, Alcina had placed my limp body onto one of the medical beds, Donna now immediately checking over my wounds and for any infection. "They have all closed because of your blood and there doesn't seem to be any sign of infection." She cut open my shirt...well what was left of it, now looking over my back where there was now just two large scars where my wings had been. Her hand now shakingly touching the scars before pulling back. Just then Bela had come into the room, "Mother Miranda has been notified and she is on her way back to the village now." The blonde made her way over beside the bed and looked over my body. She grabbed an ointment from the nearby tray and began to gently massage it into the deep, dark bruising that was all over my back. Cassandra and Daniela now both helping out as Donna tended to Alcina who still wore a bloodied and torn dress. "She'll be okay Donna, we'll just have to wait till Mother Miranda comes back so we can solve where on earth that beast came from." Donna looked up at Alcina, small tears building up in her eye, "just...I'm more worried about how Karasu will be when she wakes...she's just lost a major part of her which I don't know if she'll ever get back." Alcina lifted Donna's chin, "we'll be there to support her Donna, all five of us. No matter how long it takes." The doll maker nodded and continued to tend to the vampire's wounds.