Bloody Bite - Part 2

"So That's Her." "Oh I'm sure we're going to be great friends!" "You should sit with me tomorrow!"

I tugged on my bag strap a bit as I walked into Fork's High, it had been a couple of days since Alice Cullen had stopped those bullies and It's also been a couple of days since I've actually seen her. She had insisted I sit with her and her family during lunch but honestly I felt too awkward to, I did barely know her and she seemed a bit rushed into us suddenly be friends...I mean I don't really have an issue with having a new friend, unfortunately my last friend had left for London awhile ago so I haven't exactly had any friends since. My old friend had been acting a bit strange before leaving though but I never questioned it. I snapped myself out of my thoughts and kept walking down the halls towards the cafeteria, I simply wanted to go in to get my food and just get out. I jumped suddenly when I heard a voice call out my name so I turned around only to see well speak of the devil, Alice bounding like a rabbit up to me. She stopped in front of me and smiled, "hey Robin! I haven't see you for a couple of days! Come, come I'll take you to our seats!" I again went to protest but Alice hooked her arm through mine and lead me into the cafeteria. Oh god I could already see so many eyes on us especially me. I tried speaking to her a bit but she moved ungodly fast towards the table where her family were sitting at but I quickly stopped and yanked my arm back a bit.

"Alice I can't okay?! I'm sorry but we've just met, please don't pressure me into sitting with you. Look I gotta go." I quickly fled the cafeteria and out into the hallways, Alice stunned for a moment on the spot with having been told off. She glanced around for a moment and then to her family that looked at her with a questioning face so she groaned and quickly jogged out of the cafeteria after me. When I reached outside I pulled out a cigarette and lit the end of it. I sighed and breathed in the cancerous smoke. I yelped when I heard Alice call my name so I groaned and turned to her as I walked down the steps and towards the car park, "Robin please! Look I'm sorry- wait you smoke?!" I sighed again and watched her now jog down the steps, "yes I smoke and have for quite awhile, I get bored a lot because I'm alone and I prefer it that way." "But-" "Alice look what you did for me was great," I kept walking along the path not realising I was basically heading towards the center of the car park and putting quite the space between the pixie haired girl and myself, "but you can't just suddenly shove the whole friendship thing onto me and especially can't get me to sit with your family. The other kids inside wouldn't understand, didn't you see just how weird they were being when you were walking with me? I'm a nobody and I prefer it if you wouldn't just-"

"LOOKOUT!!!"

It all happened in a flash, I looked behind me only to see the side of a ute swerve towards me, leaving me with no escape as the was a parked car beside me. I hadn't even noticed my body had dived down into a curled crouch as it happened. The sounds of steel crushing together and wheels squealing had filled the air which made students and teachers rush out of the school towards the commotion. I slowly looked up seeing none other than the brunette above me, holding me close as the ute had been stopped by some sort of force, causing the whole tray to practically cave in on itself, it did slightly hit the other parked car but not by much. I watched Alice as she tried talking to me but my ears were just ringing before I felt myself pass out.

Students and Teachers rushed to the scene as Alice dragged me away from the two cars. A couple of the teachers were on the phone to the paramedics as Alice's family rushed on over, giving her looks of mixed emotions, fully aware she caused such damage to the ute.

**************

I shot awake on the hospital bed, looking at my surroundings as I heard the monitors beeping. I looked down at my body not even seeing a speck of a bruise. Alice. I glanced around the room again and sighed. I did look up as I heard footsteps coming towards the room and there she was, Alice had walked in with a blonde doctor who had matching eyes with her, relative maybe? "Good evening Robin, I heard you had quite an accident but to give you the good news, there is absolutely nothing wrong! No injuries or bruises. Oh sorry I forgot I am Doctor Cullen however you can refer to me as Carlisle Cullen. Alice told me all about what happened and I'm proud of her to of been there to save you. If that car would of hit you I think you'd have more than a couple of broken bones." I looked to Alice who watched like every move my body did, "y-yeah...we're good friends and were just chatting. I didn't notice the ute heading for us." Alice perked up a bit at my words and slightly bit her lip. Dr Cullen smiled softly and went off to sign the discharge papers as Alice came up to me, "hey look again I'm sorry for what I did and...just glad you're alright." She had held my hands but I flinched them back a bit, "Jesus you're so cold Alice." She blinked a few times and shoved her hands into her pockets, "it's rather cold outside-" "Look can we cut to the chase...how did you do it. You were on the other side of the parking lot and like half of that ute is totaled." I noticed Alice's eyes shifted around a bit and her foot fidgeted on to spot a bit, "I was like right next to you Robin and the Ute hit the other car, not us. Trust me." She sighed softly and looked outside of the room for a short moment then back to me, "why don't you come over to my place, tomorrow for lunch as an apologies." "Alice look I don't think-" "Please...it's the least I can do." I sighed and gave in, now nodding softly. Alice smiled brightly and suddenly hugged me, holding me close against her. Holy shit she really was cold. "Yay! I'll pick you up tomorrow then, just text me your address." She suddenly picked up my phone that was beside the bed and put her phone number in it. "I'm certain you'll love tomorrow and it's a good time to be relaxed! I could show you my room too!" I bit my lip slightly and nodded, "y-yeah sure okay. It is the weekend so I should be able to." She smiled and moved away from me however I swear I heard a purr like sound come from her but she already exited the room before I could hear it again. Hmm surely it was nothing...god why was she so cold...

...And I know she was at the other side of the parking lot...maybe I'll get better answers tomorrow...