Creatures Of The Night - Part 2

It had been a few days now since the accident and I was feeling better yet still sore. I didn't have any bandages on my body well only apart from my chest because of my ribs being bruised. The doctors said I was to keep it on for at least two to three weeks however it was restricting my air flow a little bit. That hadn't stopped me from still going out and doing photography, as long as I didn't run or stay out too long not that it stopped me anyway.

It was currently late afternoon, the sun setting and the moon now rising. I had been walking along a dirt path before now ending up on the side walk of an empty street, a soft mist now trailing down the road. I glanced around as I held my camera bag tight to my sore body, god I just had to come out walking right now! I let out a huff and brushed back my short, brunette hair as I turned down another street however I now heard the sounds of what appeared to be boots going across gravel so I turned my head up to the rooftops. I blocked out the street light that glared into my eyes just as a black figure jumped across one building to another. Once I saw deep red eyes shine from the dark figure, I stepped away from the street light and began to walk down the long street in a rather fast motion. The footsteps began to grow faster as I now noticed that the figure jumping from building to building was coming in the same direction as me so now I picked up my pace, now running along the rough concrete. Just as my chest began to hurt, I felt myself suddenly be yanked into a small alleyway, a hand covering my mouth as the other held me against the wall. "Shh!!" I stared wide eyed at the person who held me there, Evan. We waited a few moments before they pulled back and let out a sigh of relief, "she's gone thank god." I furrowed my brows as I held my bandaged chest, "w-who?"

"Ah that would be Ace, she gets a bit overprotective of me. She knows I saw you at the hospital, it's not an issue she is just wondering who you are however she can be a bit...aggressive I guess." I slowly let go of my chest though I winced in pain when Evan pulled their hand away from me, "you okay?" I nodded but winced again when I took a deep breath. My blue haired companion shook her head and huffed, "I'll bring my truck around, it's too late for you out here. I'd prefer for you to be safe for tonight." I sighed and didn't bother fighting against them, I was exhausted already honestly, my legs ached like hell. Evan now left my side, telling me to stay put as they went off down the street to find their truck. I leaned against the wall and glanced over at a far building, now seeing a tall standing figure on the rooftop. Their deep, red, glowing eyes watching me however for some reason I couldn't say anything, I was fascinated by them? Why? I shook my head and went to look again but Evan pulled up with their truck, "hey jump in! I'll take you back to my place, make sure you're all better. I don't have enough gas to go back to yours and it's too late for you to walk alone." I bit my lip slightly and nodded before climbing into the passenger seat of the black truck.

It hadn't taken too long for the truck to now pull up to a well small mansion, it was rather vintage too. "You guys rich or something??" Evan laughed and shook their head, "no we're not, it was inherited." I nodded as I looked at the place in awe causing Evan to just sit there and watch me as they turned off the truck. "Never seen a place like this?" I shook my head and turned to them with a small smile, "only in books." With that we both stepped out of the truck, the bluenette now leading me inside however I swear I saw those same red eyes in the nearby tree line but I didn't question it. As I followed Evan in I couldn't help but ask them questions, "you live alone?" They shook their head again, "it's just me and eight others." I nodded and looked around the parlor in awe again however a sound now stopped us both and made us look down the other side of the parlor.

"Evan? Who is this?" Evan slowly stepped in front of me in like a...protective way? "Salem...this is Alex, the one I saw in the hospital, you know the person who had the car accident. I offered her to stay the night." I could see Evan tense up as who they called Salem raised an eyebrow and brushed back their long black hair. "Does Ace know?" "No and she won't," a soft growl had escaped Evan's throat at the mention of whoever Ace was. I stepped back a few times from the two but my back was now pressed against something that was certainly not a wall.

"And why won't I know?"

I froze up and now jumped away from the person who was most certainly taller than I am, she had a big black, long deathhawk, deep red eyes and she stood a couple of feet taller than me. Evan suddenly moved back in front of me with a deep growl. "Oh Evan stop being so uptight around your lady friend...does she know about us?" Evan huffed and shook their head. Before I could question them, the taller woman looked to me again, her eyes locking with mine. "Do you?" I shook my head confused but again when I went to speak, I was interrupted by a girl with a mohawk that had dyed tips and another girl with short, dyed green hair, step into the room. "What's all the commotion- wait who's this?"

Evan began circling around me protectively, growling at the others. "E-Evan?" I questioned softly and gently gripped their arm as 4 other women entered the room. Oh for fuck sake.

annnnnnnnnd now we wait to see what happens. Any ideas? - Author