The Unknown Spider - Part 4

A couple of days later, I was already good as new. My wrist had healed up properly with the help of Bruce and my regeneration abilities I was born with. Bucky had kinda apologized but I told him not to worry because it just means I need more training. And just like that I had been training with Natasha more, I had noticed however, we seemed a bit...handsy with each other, I didn't pay much mind to it though. Natasha and I also began to train on a bit of a...different area too. The art of thievery. She said it was incase I needed it during any missions I could be put on. Little had she known...I was certainly a very slick and clean thief.

"Alright so can you practise what we've gone through-" "Of what?" I blinked a bit, looking at Natasha, looking completely confused. "Blake of the-" I now held up her gun that was originally in her holster, "you mean this? Me suddenly having what belongs to you?" She looked down at her holster seeing that indeed her gun was gone but also her belt and her batons. "These too?" Natasha just blinked at me a few times before now grinned, "yes! Well done!" She laughed and took her items back from me, my heart now racing at the praise I received from her. "You know how I said it would be incase you go on a mission?" I nodded and followed her out of the training room, "you're coming on one tonight and we'll be needing that skill of yours. Think of this as like a test but also the real deal, it's a nice and simple one for you." I began to get excited but then I stopped which made her also stop and turn to me with a bit of concern, "Blake? What is it?"

I sighed and held onto my elbows, "I can't go out into public...like this." I waved my hand a bit in front of my face. Natasha smiled softly and stepped directly in front of me which for some reason made my heart race even faster, "well lucky for you it is a masquerade party. We already have an outfit chosen for you too!" I sighed with relief and now proceeded to follow Natasha to my room where the suit was laid out on my bed, a matching silver skull face mask laying on top of the shirt. "I'll leave you to it, have a shower first, we'll all be getting ready. It'll be me, Wanda, Steve, Clint and Tony accompanying you tonight."

With that, Natasha left me to go shower and get changed, the suit fit me rather perfectly actually. I threw on the black jacket that had some shiny, silver spirals going down it. I looked in the mirror and put the skull mask onto my face, it looked perfect.

I now left my room and headed out into the common area where the people going began to meet and talk about the mission, giving us all a run down. I glanced over at Wanda and Natasha who were wearing matching deep red dresses and black half masks over their faces. I gulped harshly and paid attention to Steve as he gave a run down on what was to happen. Apparently to really test my skills on being slick and quick moving, I had to interact with a man who would be carrying a keycard in his pocket that we needed to go into a restricted room. My job was simply to take the keycard without causing a scene and handing it to Steve who would go with the others and do their job. As I listened to Steve, I didn't notice both the red head's had their eyes on me and my outfit, lowkey checking me out.

Sooner or later, the team finished getting organized and headed off to the party that was located in a pretty damn fancy venue. God I certainly wasn't use to this however upon walking inside as a group, I took a moment before completely changing my personality. I walked away from the others after being told over my com who I was to look for, with confidence and a sudden change of character. I greeted people as I walked past them, making some small conversation as everyone else in the party did, occasionally laughing with them too. The others kinda picked up on this which made Tony kinda impressed how I could suddenly change character. I now made my way towards the bar and went to order a drink till well speak of the devil...the guy I needed to look for just landed right in my web...by ordering me a drink. He looked over to me with a small smirk, "what's a fine lady like you doing in this kind of party?" I shrugged and turned my back to the bar, leaning against it, "what's a fine man like you talking to a lady of me of all people?" I raised a brow partially which made him chuckle, "I like you already, what's your name?" I smiled and stuck out my hand, "how about you call me darling and I'll call you dear?" He tilted his head a bit before lifting my hand and kissing my knuckles, almost making me want to gag however I didn't show it. "Alright my darling, whatever you desire." I smiled as pretended I didn't even notice him put his hand up on the bar, moving a very small white tablet towards the bartender who 'sneakily' dropped it into my drink causing it to fizz a bit.

The man now took the two drinks and handed me my own, a couple of my team members had seen what had happened as the man really wasn't that sly as he thought he was, I began hearing this whisper over my coms to not drink my drink however I just downed it pretty quickly instead. The man cocked a brow and smirked a bit more. I licked my lips and stepped closer to him, slowly running my hand up and along his chest, "so dear, would you like to maybe...go somewhere private?" My other hand had silently and smoothly nicked the keycard from his pocket, not even my own teammates saw that I did that. The man chuckled and nodded, "oh how I would love to my darling. Care for another drink first?" I nodded and smiled, "while you do that, I think I'm going to excuse myself and go to the bathroom...before we have some real fun." I now purred lowly and close to his ear, my hand traveling down his chest a bit and towards his belt where I pulled his hips close to me for a moment before letting go. I didn't know a certain pair of red heads had questioned my actions, seeming a little be jealous. The guy nodded as his eyes just raked over my body while I turned away from him and headed towards the bathroom. Once out of sight of the man, I quickly turned around a corner and spoke into the coms. "I have the card."

"Excellent work Blake, take it to Steve and carry on." I nodded a bit at this and now left the empty area I was in and made my way through the crowd of people, coming up to Steve, now slipping the card into his pocket as I pat him on the shoulder as a greeting like if we were old friends. After that I decided I would leave the party for now, going outside for some fresh air. As I did this, both Wanda and Natasha exited too and came up towards me, Natasha holding my wrist, "Blake what the fuck!" She whisper yelled at me as she lead me away from the other people. "That guy just drugged-" "Nat calm down," I chuckled and fixed my mask, "I have a immune system against your world's poor excuse of a drug. How do you think I'm still standing and sober?" I flashed her a smile which made her huff a bit, "aw you worried about me Natasha?" The Russian rolled her eyes, Wanda now stepping in, "we both were actually, it's our job tonight to keep an eye on your and to cut in if anything went wrong. Luckily it hadn't, we were just worried that...well...yeah." I sighed and nodded, "I apologize, I should of maybe explained it to you guys first, never thought I'd try to get drugged on my first mission anyways ya know? Also never thought I'd get that handsy with a man either." I gagged a bit at that thought and shook my head, "jeez." This lightened the mood a bit and the other two finally relaxed. I smiled and fixed up my mask again, "well it's always nice to know I have two pretty women watching my back." With that I headed off back inside when the other's said they were finishing up.

As the time passed like normal, the group met back up and we began exiting together as other people began to as well. I walked beside Steve as he praised me a bit, both of us now watching Natasha and Wanda getting into the car together. He glanced to me and smiled, "I'm honestly happy those two are together, definitely meant for each other." I froze up a bit at this with wide eyes, now looking to Steve, "wait they're together? Like partners?" He nodded with a smile, "yeah you never knew?" I shook my head and looked to the car with a gulp.

Fucking hell, I'm attracted to both of the red heads only to find out they're dating!? I internally face palmed myself for not knowing sooner, how could I miss how close they had been. Fuck and I flirted with them both right in front of each other! How stupid of a person could I be!?

I made no reaction to Steve's comment and just smiled, nodding and getting into the car as well. "Back home?" He nodded and started up the car, now driving off. I stayed silently and just nodded with a smile at the praises I was getting. I was too stuck in my thoughts to really be accepting the praises right now.

When we got back to the tower I quickly excused myself, saying I was tired and needed to go get changed because the suit was a bit too tight. Wanda seemed to notice my sudden need to leave the room, recognizing this behaviour...as she too had done this a few times when she first became part of the team. This made her frown and look over to her girlfriend, "I don't think she's okay hun." Natasha nodded and also watched as I basically border lined to my room and shut the door.