To Be With You - Part 3

Tick, tock...tick, tock.

I watched the clock in the maiden chambers as the others slept. The only other maids that would be up were ones in the kitchen cleaning it up as well as the dining hall from the Dimitrescu family's dinner. I laid down on my bed, blinking slowly as they were beginning to grow heavy. The sudden sound of the chamber's door opening alerted me so I sat up and watched as Cassandra slowly pulled down her hood revealing a small grin, now licking the blood off of her teeth as she saw me. As I got up and fixed my pants and shirt, she let out a purr before dragging me out of the room, making sure not to wake the others. With that we left down the halls rather quickly before we were now outside in the court yard. It was mid spring so luckily it wasn't too cold for Cassandra to be outside. I watched her as we now walked along the courtyard's path, she began fidgeting with her hands becoming awkward. "Cassandra?" I said softly which made her look to me as we kept walking, "have you been on a date before?" The brunette now halted and frowned slightly before sighing. "No...not really. Previous maids we just gone back to my room really," she shrugged and scratched the back of her neck. I giggled softly and slowly held her hand in mine. "Is this okay?" I asked as I intertwined our fingers. She nodded as her signature grin grew back onto her face. I now began to walk with her, sticking close as the stars glowed through the night sky.

As we kept walking and softly chatting about some of our hobbies and our past, I realized that Cassandra hadn't really left the castle much before. Only a few times but rarely ever. I felt sorry for her but then again I guessed why. She was different, her family was feared amongst the entire village, they even hired hunters to try breaking into the castle, speaking about them, We both perked up when we heard voices just outside the castle walls. Once we saw the glow of a torch's fire, Cassandra hissed and now picked me up, taking me directly back inside. "Cass! You gotta go warn your family!" She growled a bit and rolled her eyes nodding. "Go into my room and stay there. Don't open it for anyone apart from me. Understood? Just stay under the bed and I'll be back I promise." I nodded and quickly gave her a peck on the lips which startled her for a moment before she shook her head and now quickly left. I smiled softly but now raced over and into her room. I shut the door behind me and crawled under her bed.

It hadn't taken too long before the sounds of guns fired up, shattering glass and vases. Loud yelling was heard coming from the other side of the castle and down the never ending halls. Some screams were heard then silence. I could hear my heart thumping in my chest as I heard heavy footsteps going past the bedroom. I covered my mouth and jumped slightly as someone began kicking open the door. When it finally burst open I shifted a bit more under the bed, keeping out of sight the best I could. The muddied footsteps walked around the room before the door shut again. I sighed gently and slowly dragged myself out from under the bed but was suddenly grabbed by the hair and dragged up and off the floor, a gun being pointed to my neck. "I knew somebody was in here. You're not one of the daughters...just a punny, little maid," the man laughed and pressed the barrel harder against my neck. I gripped his wrist that held my hair, "w-wait! Dont kill me!" He scoffed and frowned, "and why shouldn't I?" I gulped and looked around for a moment before locking eyes with the muddied man, "I can show you where the Ladies keep all their Lei." His eyebrow raised and he grinned wickedly, "oh do show me then come on." With that he let go of my hair but held my wrist as he pushed me out of the room and into the hall, keeping the gun barrel pointed at me. "Go on show me!" I nodded and began walking, listening out for if one of the daughters or atleast Lady Dimitrescu herself was nearby.

We turned down a few halls before we suddenly halted which the man didn't appriciate but I quickly shushed him as we now both heard the clacking of heels. "Stay here, I'll divert them away, the Lei is just in the room around the corner okay?" I whispered and now he let go of my wrist. I slowly stepped around the corner, out of sight of the man, "my Lady is everything okay?" I asked as if I didn't know the men were in the castle. It was Cassandra who stood with Daniela, she looked to me and went to question me but I put my finger to my lips and pointed at the hall behind me, indicating one of the men were there and had a gun which made her eyes widen but she nodded. "Yes everything is fine maid." She hissed the last word but signaled that she apologized for how she spoke to me. I nodded as the two now vanished into their bugs and went into a room. I moved back around the corner to the man and ushered him to the room, "it's all in here. Maybe afterwards you could get me out of here?" I said to him as we both entered inside. "Yes of course, you'll help me carry all this and then as repayment..." he grinned and walked up to me, poking my chest with his barrel before stepping back, "you can pay me back with your body." He laughed a bit but suddenly the lights turned on showing a very pissed off Cassandra. "You're not fucking touching her!" She snarled and launched herself at him, casuing him to fire off his gun but it did nothing to her as she pulled out her sickle and began slashing and biting at him like some unhinged animal. I stepped back with a small gasp and watched as blood splattered everywhere, the man's cries now slowly fading into nothing as his body was torn to pieces. Daniela formed from her flies and blinked a few times rather startled with her sister who kept beating a dead corpse. "Hey C-Cassandra? He's dead!" Cassandra finally stopped and growled, looking at her sister before looking to me and now flying over, grabbing me by my shirt and pulling me into her chest. Daniela grew confused but finally realized, "ooh that's the maid you won't shut up about!" I cocked a brow and giggled a bit as Cassandra grew embarassed and pulled back. "Oh shut up and her name is (Y/N)!" Both Daniela and I chuckled a bit more before we heard another gun fire. Daniela rolled her eyes and moved to the door, "get her to safety then and I'll help Bela and Mother sort out this last one okay?" Cassandra nodded and picked me up again before grinning and flying out of the room and back to her chambers.