Taken - Part 3

A couple of days after the incident that happened in the training room, nobody had really seen Y/N apart from Natasha who visited her a bit but let Y/N have her time to think. One time Nat had exited from Y/N's room, Wanda seeing a glimpse of the other girl who was in her room and appeared to have some sort of metal half mask covering her mouth and nose, clamped to the back of her head. It was only quick as the door closed behind Natasha and locked. Wanda stepped away and now overheard Bucky and Natasha talking.

"Bucky she has that stupid, damn muzzle back on again." "I thought someone took it away after the previous incident?" "No clearly not and she's refusing to take it off or talk to me." "We shouldn't of set up that session-" "That's true but I just explained how we have yet another mission to go away for and she looked like she was going to speak but...I think she's afraid of her voice again." A soft escaped Nat's lips as her and Bucky parted ways. Wanda took a moment before making her way to Bucky, "what did Natasha mean by that?" Bucky whipped around and looked at Wanda, now exhaled heavily, "you weren't meant to hear that." He sat down onto the couch and fixed up his arm a bit, "when Y/N first came to us after we found her at a old Hydra base, she had this like mask with her, we call it a muzzle as well it basically is. She was afraid of speaking for a few weeks, sometimes only saying small words, she was afraid she'd her powers by accident. Eventually she stopped using it and began to talk to us as she became comfortable. She is the biggest chatter box." He couldn't help but chuckle before his mood changed a bit, "...it didn't take long though. After the incident with Steve, she refused to say a single word even to Friday for nearly a month. Sometimes you could overhear her talking to Nat a couple of times but it was barely anything and now...she's doing it again. Nat says she is afraid she'll hurt us or you again. But we can't do much as we leave for a mission in about an hour."

With that, Bucky got up and left Wanda in her own thoughts as the rest of the Avengers were getting sorted and beginning to leave, a few checking in on Y/N before they did leave. Eventually it was just Wanda and Y/N left in the tower.

Wanda couldn't deal with the silence for too long so she got up and decided to make some sandwiches and a glass of juice. She walked down the halls and all the way to Y/N's room, "Friday can you open the door." With a sound of some beeps the door now opened up and there she was. Y/N was sat down on the floor, facing the window and looking out at the city's night lights. She was silent and not moving until she heard the foot steps. She whipped her head around and looked at Wanda, her metal mask on full display to the other before she began to stand and step away a bit. Wanda furrowed her brows lightly before gently placing down the tray of sandwiches and glass of juice on the nearby desk. "You know Bucky has already told me about you and...that." She indicated at the mask the other girl wore.

Y/N's POV:

I huffed a bit and stayed my distance from Wanda who just seem to walk closer to me anyways. I stayed completely still as she slowly walked right up to me, "you don't need to wear that. You won't hurt me and I'm definitely not going to be sitting in this tower for two weeks in complete silence." Slowly Wanda reached a hand up to my face so I quickly gripped onto her wrist a bit tightly but slowly let her go as she just smiled softly, "relax." She whispered and gently reached behind my head with both of her hands, clicking a couple of the buttons, the mask now falling off my face and onto the ground. My lips still shut as I watched Wanda, "there you are. Come I made sandwiches and got you some juice. I haven't seen you eat since training which again I apologize for." I silently followed her over to my bed when she picked up the tray and juice. I hesitated but now grabbed one of the sandwiches and began eating it. "Are you going to talk to me?" I glanced to her but then glanced away. She sighed and began thinking for a moment. After about two minutes of silence, Wanda now spoke up.

"So you like Nat?"

My eyes widened and I frowned a bit, "as a sister Wanda."

'Well that solves that question' Wanda thought.

"Only as a sister. She's the closest I've had to that, she was the one who found me at the Hydra base, she's the one that got me out of the chains and she's the one who has helped me get to where I am today. If it wasn't for her I-.....I don't know." I glanced away for a second then back to the brunette who was just smiling, "now you talk to me." I rolled my eyes a bit before shifted a bit on the bed as I finished the sandwich. "I...I'm sorry for what I did. I really didn't mean to...let you experience that. Sometimes my...my words hurt people, as you can clearly see. Whenever it happened when I was...with Hydra. They would-" I fell silent for a moment before looking at the mask that was still on the ground, "they'd muzzle me silent and beat me for hours." I sighed and looked to Wanda again who just held her hand out and gently grabbed my hand, squeezing it softly. "I'm sorry that you went through that, I can't imagine what kind of pain you went through. But you're safe here, you don't need that and the other day was merely a mistake and mistakes happen. I'm fine and so are the others." I relaxed as I felt her fingers caress my hand, my heart now beginning to race a bit so I gulped and smiled a bit but not for too long. "I still hurt you-" "Which was my fault." I huffed a bit and looked up at her again. "Come, let's go watch some sitcoms okay?" I raised a brow and she chuckled, "I use to love watching them and I know we can watch some here." I nodded and got up off my bed, now following her out, her hand still holding mine.

And that's how we ended up on a couch together, her hand still holding mine as an old sitcom played. I didn't pay too much attention to it as I grew tired, slowly closing my eyes and just falling asleep, my head resting against Wanda's shoulder who smiled and let me rest my head on her lap as I slept.