Her Winged Warrior - Part 5

Honestly the next couple of days were rather boring. Only Angie accompanied me around the mansion as I cleaned up the place, now currently dusting off the furniture and shelving from the layers of dust they held. I suddenly sneezed from the dust before my wings began to flap a bit now knocking more dust up into the air, causing me to sneeze even more. I stumbled back quite a bit as Angie tried snapping me out of my sneezing fit but I literally couldn't stop sneezing from the dust, not realizing I was stumbling back towards the steps until I suddenly lost my footing and now fell down the stairs, not realizing Donna was at the bottom, her eyes widening under the veil.

She suddenly held her arms out as she caught me, us both now falling to the ground however my wings instinctively wrapped around her tightly just before we hit the ground. I looked down at her as her veil had flicked fully upwards and I could see her fully. I heard her breath hitch as she looked up at me, seeing just how close we were. We were stuck like that for a moment just looking at each other before I quickly got up, wrapping my wings from being around her as I sneezed again. "One sec," I quickly rushed outside and I began rubbing my face from the dust, my wings shaking off some of the dust too. Donna rushed outside with Angie as I shook myself off. I looked to them with a clumsy smile, "sorry, too much dust." I suddenly sneezed again so I sighed, "okay stay here, I'll be back."

Before Donna could even say anything let alone realize her veil had completely fallen off, I had shot up into the air possibly as fast as a bullet. I went all the way up into the nearby clouds as I cleared up my nose and throat from the dust. I was only up there for a moment before I suddenly came soaring back down and now casually landing on the ground right where I had originally been. Donna just looked at me dumbfounded, Angie taking a moment before squealing with excite and suddenly jumping onto me. "Pretty bird lady needs to fly me up high some day!!" I chuckled and looked over to Donna who still had her eye wide, "I don't understand why you never let your veil off." Donna frowned a bit before feeling her face and realizing her veil was off so she quickly rushed off inside. I instantly followed her while still holding Angie. I saw her looking for her veil and I glanced over to near the door where it landed so I picked it up and looked over to Donna, "it's right here." She turned to me and now suddenly spoke, "hand it over now. You weren't meant to see my hideous self." Her voice was low, strong and husky. I completely froze up and I was unsure why, my cheeks starting to go red which I didn't realize as I just looked at Donna. She still stood there with her hand out but now frowned a bit as I didn't seem to respond. Angie began laughing loudly which snapped me out of it, "oh god Donna you broke her already!" I shook my head and immediately handed Donna back her veil, "I apologise Donna, I didn't mean for that to happen." I quickly looked down as my wings folded behind my back. Donna slowly took her veil before sighing softly and walking up to me and lifting my chin slightly, "I guess there's no point now...you haven't run off or anything..." I shrugged and shook my head, "of course I wouldn't. I mean I've already seen you before, I've seen all of you already before, veils or not. I don't know why my views on you and your family would suddenly change just because I saw your face. By the way you're not hideous. You're what...Mother Miranda calls pretty." I smiled a bit and brushed back my hair. Donna bit her bottom lip for a moment before now leaving her veil on a nearby seat.

"I like how you have cleaned up my house, you really didn't need to." She began fidgeting with her hands as I now stretched my shoulders a bit, "well it definitely needed a tidy up, I know how you never really have anyone over but that doesn't mean you need to well...live alone and seem like you're going to just waste away." I walked over to her and gently placed a hand on her shoulder, "come on it's getting late and you've been in your workshop non stop, you should rest, I'll bring you some tea." She glanced at my hand before looking up at me then to Angie. She let out a soft sigh and nodded, "I guess that wouldn't hurt. I'll be up in my room." I watched her leave the foyer with Angie so I moved over to the kitchen, now starting to boil some water as I grabbed out a mug.

Eventually when I finished making her a cup of tea, I carried it up the stairs and now stood outside of her room, knocking gently on the door. I heard her whisper something so I opened the door and stepped inside, seeing her in a medium sleeved night gown and sitting on the end of her bed. I walked over and gently handed her the cup, "careful it's still a bit hot." She nodded with a small smile and watched me now glance to Angie who was motionless on a chair. "She's asleep for now." I nodded and looked back to Donna before growing a bit awkward so I decided to leave her room with a small good night. I now headed over to my designated room and almost immediately fixed the sheets and pillows up to make a makeshift nest, completely forgetting what Alcina had just recently taught me to do. I moved into the makeshift nest before now just sitting there and looking out the window, no desire again to sleep.

As time went by, suddenly there was soft knocking at my door so I instantly got up and now opened the door, startling Donna who was on the other side which how quick I opened the door. "O-Oh you're still awake." I nodded a bit and stepped back to let her in, "are you okay?" I questioned a bit and moved over near the bed again, her eyes now falling upon the odd thing I had done with the blankets and pillows. "Yes, I just couldn't sleep...what are you doing to the bed?" I glanced over before slightly face palming myself, "ah I did it again. Sorry I am not use to well beds as I never really have a desire to sleep. I well nest as I wait for the following day." Donna nodded a bit as she shuffled her feet on the floor a bit, fidgeting with her hands again. I picked up on that before looking to the bed then back to her, "did you...wish to stay the night? Like...in here?" She looked up at me as I said that and bit her bottom lip slightly, "...if you would allow that?" I nodded with a smile and moved over to the bed, now fixing it up to how it was meant to. Donna now moving over to the bed and getting onto it as I did. She slowly laid back and looked over to me as I just rested on my knees over near her feet. She furrowed her brows a bit before patting at the space next to her. It took me a moment before I caught on to what she wanted me to do so I unfolded my wings and crawled up next to her, my wings now instinctively wrapping around her and bringing her close. The doll maker now moving up and resting her head under my chin as I pulled the blankets over us. "You're warm Karasu." I chuckled softly and wrapped my arms around her as she snuggled up more against me as much as she physically could.

It hadn't taken long and both of us were completely asleep, the heat radiating off both of our bodies, keeping us warm through the winter's night.