Her Winged Warrior - Part 11

I didn't feel right though. Yes Alcina and the others had comforted me about missing my wings but...it was hard to cope when I was literally missing apart of myself, one that really gave me life. It wasn't like just my wings that left me...I couldn't shift into a crow either, I also no longer had much of a need to nest as I use to. I did stay up a lot though, usually just staying quiet unless one of my partners came and visited me. They knew I was still mourning over what I have lost, I appreciate them for being there for me though...it was just hard for me right now. At one point I nearly had a break down because I had cuddled with Dani as per usual only to not feel right because we couldn't do our normal cuddles, no wings were to wrap around her, just my arms. It just didn't feel right though. She had told me it was okay and she didn't care how I cuddled her, wings or without wings.

Next I found that my sparring with Cassandra was rather...weak. I relied on my wings to much and the brunette was fully aware I kept trying to use limbs against her that just didn't exist anymore. We ended up cutting our sparring short because of the fact that I could barely block much of her attacks that I usually could.

What made matters push me near to my limit was Bela was painting well more the fact that she was just standing there for hours on end looking at a painting and not touching it. I had walked in on her doing it, she had hidden it suddenly. Curiosity got the better of me and eventually she showed me it. It was of us and I had my wings...well it wasn't fully done as she needed more references of my wings just...she couldn't get them anymore because I didn't have them now. It broke my heart that she couldn't finish her painting that she had been so invested in. She nearly discarded it but I almost yelled at her not to. I had covered my mouth and looked at her as she stood there stunned at my sudden reaction. "I just...I don't want you throwing away one of your works because of me..." I sighed and looked down, her hands now slowly wrapping around my waist and bringing me close. "Shh...it's okay and it's not your fault." I nodded and just hid my face in the crook of her neck. I couldn't help start to sob against her skin, holding back all day really affected me. Bela began cooing softly, rubbing her hand along my back for comfort, "my dear, tell me what's wrong. You can talk to me."

I pulled back slightly, looking to her as tears ran down my cheeks, her finger now wiping some tears away, my cheek pressing against her hand as I leaned into her touch. "I-It's just been so hard...ever since they've been gone, I can't shift, I've lost sleep because of it. It just doesn't feel right anymore, nothing does. Everyone has been there for me and I love you guys for that...I just...I can't take it anymore. I don't like this change and I don't think I can cope anymore." Bela's eyes softened as she looked at me sob against her hand again. "Mother Miranda hasn't visited since or called either and I feel like she doesn't want anything to do with me anymore because of it. I mean it's who I was, it's what I was made for. I've failed at being her warrior...I'm not her winged child anymore.

The blonde vampire huffed and held me close for a moment before pulling back, holding my hand tightly, "well what about you and I pay her a visit? See what's happening about it so hopefully it'll bring you some comfort because I doubt she doesn't want anything to do with you anymore. You and I will visit, just us. Nobody else needs to know that we even went." I nodded and roughly rubbed my tears with my spare hand, "I'd like that a lot." Bela smiled and pressed her lips to my forehead then lead me out of her art studio.

Luckily we left the castle silently, nobody seeing us leave. I flung my satchel around my shoulder now, looking to Bela. We held hands as we went through the castle gates, heading off towards Mother Miranda's residence. I was happy that Bela suggested this, though I was afraid of confronting Mother Miranda...what if she did truly want to have nothing to do with me. Would she kill me? I shook that thought out of my head as Bela and I came up to the entrance of her residence. We stepped inside, a gulp being forced down my throat. It was much quieter here than usual.

I looked around and lead Bela throughout the place, coming up to Mother Miranda's office work area, some cadous were sitting in jars as per usual because she still had been doing experiments before I left. My body shivered upon seeing them. I couldn't help but begin to look on her desk at all the work she had been doing, past and present. I had usually glanced at them but never been up so close, she didn't like it when anyone was near her work. I saw a book that's cover had the crest of her winged children, maybe it had some information about me in there. I opened the book and began skimming over the writing seeing the small names she had given my siblings, my finger running along the pages. I frowned slightly, not finding absolutely anything to do with me yet. I found another book that had some other crest with wings on it, so I picked it up and opened it as Bela announced that Mother Miranda didn't seem to be around. As I looked into the book my face began to frown before my face just dropped.

Subject Name: Karasu...no last name given

Cadou Affinity: Almost Perfect

Brain Functions: Normal but will monitor

An unfit vessel for Eva however

Subject is deemed better than how my winged children turned out. She acts like I am her mother and appears to not remember anything of her past or how she ended up here. She doesn't recall anything apart from her 'birth' from me. Subject had wings much larger than my own and my children, her senses were more heightened as well. Expectations were low when that crow was latched onto Subject's cadou by pure accident...as if the crow knew what it was doing. Subject later expressed some emotions different than my children did, she had like a need for my attention sometimes. She acted far different than my children. She is almost perfect however after an incident involving one of my children losing their life, Subject reportedly turned feral and rabid to another experiment who went out of control. Subject's behaviour became more protective of those around her including very much myself.

After I couldn't fix my other children I deemed as Subject's 'siblings' I had to kill them off. A sickness that would end them swiftly and quietly. They were getting out of control. However Subject got sick as well, luckily I was able to help her come back to normal. Her emotions towards me became a bit more different as well like if I was her actual mother. We became close and I am saddened she is an unfit vessel for Eva but she's different. Since that day Subject had shown up at my door step dying from a Lycan attack, my feelings towards her have changed. I don't have much use for her lately however I will not discard of her as I did my other children.

Note: Due to Subject's unexpected feral behaviour, I am afraid that if she was to experience extreme emotions, she'll do it again-