Prologue

🐺🐺🐺

🐺🐺🐺

Her earphones blasted the metal music, as she grinded her teeth in anger.
Elyna Benston didn’t particularly like metal music; she was more of a pop and retro music lover, but metal music helps her to distract her from her fuming anger.

The man beside Elyna, tapped his fingers on the steering wheel nervously, his eyes flickering between the girl next to him and on the road.

Elyna had turned up the volume of the music to the full, and honestly, it was giving her a headache, and she wanted to lower the volume but she didn’t want her brother to think that she’s ready to talk to him.

Aldrich Benston sighed, running his fingers through his curly hair and looked at the stubborn girl, who kept pouting away. Her fingers pinched at the threads of her distressed jeans- a nervous habit of hers that the brother knew too well of.
“Are you gonna pout like that forever?”

Elyna heard him really clearly but didn’t reply to him. The brunette smacked her lips, tasting  cherry flavoured chap stick on them and looked out of the window.

“Come on, muffin,” Aldrich groaned, rolling his icy blue eyes, “its a nice place; and you didn’t even like London that much. You are the one who didn’t like the rains.”

Elyna rolled her eyes, scoffing. She loved the rains, she loved monsoons but it constantly rained in London and it got too repetitive for her, and she slowly, came to hate rains all together.

But that doesn’t give them the excuse to leave the country all together; and that too, in the middle of the year, when they could have easily managed by using their powers.

“You certainly did not think of me when you decided to come here,” the angry girl glared at the man.

Aldrich was the only person she had in the whole world and as much as Elyna wanted to hold grudge on him, she loved her brother way too much to be angry with him for long.

“Elyna, please,” the brother said, his voice thick with anger, “you know I had to kill that girl. That Slayer was going to kill me first and then kill you. She would drive a stake through both our hearts in front of the whole town and you aren’t even the vampire.”

Elyna exhaled loudly. “I could have handled her just fine and we would not even have to leave the town.”

Aldrich cocked his eyebrow challengingly. “You take me for a fool or what, after everything that had happened, I’m not letting you do the messy work anymore.”

Elyna smiled tightly at his brother. Aldrich pressed on the gas paddle.

Knowing that she can't be angry at her brother anymore, Elyna switched off the music that throbbed her head, and unplugged the earphones from her ear. She wrapped them around her phone and kept it in her purse.

“Why did you have to come here?” Elyna asked her brother, looking at the beautiful scenery as they rushed past their window.

She could feel the warmth of the sun on her skin and it was already turning her skin golden.

“Beaches, warmth, away from the beaches but not too much far away,” Aldric smiled, “and it’s a small town too. Peaceful and friendly neighbours, but not to nosy..”

“And the real reason?” Elyna asked, knowing that her brother won’t choose a place, only because of its friendly neighbours.

Aldrich rolled his eyes. It was impossible to keep anything hidden from Elyna.
He looked at the big green board, hanging over the highway. He noticed Elyna was reading the board too.

Beacon Hills
40 miles

“Aka my hometown.” Aldrich flashed his 'killer smirk' at the girl.