the one with the brazen girl

chapter ninety-six

[TRIGGER WARNING: this chapter has graphic description of blood and gore

[TRIGGER WARNING: this chapter has graphic description of blood and gore. please do read with caution.]

It was around 1937 when the Benstons were settled in Vatican City. Aldrich Benston was Arne Benston and Elyna was still going by her birth name- Aurora.

"Aurora?" Arne called loudly as he threw the chamber door wide open to wake his sister up.

She had been cooped up in her chambers since the time she had returned from Paris last week and it was now quite worrying him.
Often, he could hear her wailing late into the night, cursing herself for being born as a Siren. Basil's engagement had hit her like a tsunami wave. Arne just wanted her to divert her mind from Basil for a while so that she could live in peace.

"Wake up, Sleeping Beauty! Let's go out today!"

He got response from her. Not even a grumble or an unintelligible curse. He walked deeper into the chamber to find that it was in complete mess.
There were splintered and broken furniture everywhere and the entire room was covered in ripped pages of what it looked like Aurora's prized books.
The canvases in her chamber and her painting room were shattered, the paints and brushes thrown everywhere, making some of the paint splatter on the walls. Not to mention the several empty blood bags randomly scattered around the chamber.

"Aurora? My Muffin?" Arne's gaze fell to the bed where he saw a large lump that could easily pass for a sleeping Aurora. He prayed to the heavens that it was Aurora. He briskly walked to the unmoving lump. "Aurora, get up. You need to get out of the house. Being cooped up in the house is not good for you."

But the lump was silent and the Vampire was starting to become suspicious. He grabbed the blanket and threw them back. Just as he feared, it wasn't his sister under the blankets but several pillows bunched together to look like he was sleeping.

Arne got a bad feeling in the pit of his stomach and dashed out of room and towards the basement.

What he saw, made dread shoot through his body. There were countless numbers of empty blood bag strewn around the room. That was all over two months' ration for the both of them.

Arne knew that something was very wrong and he had to find Aurora. And fast.