the one with the confessions

fifty-eight

When Stiles Stilinski reached the cafe the next day, it had just opened up for the day.
There were a few people who had decided to get some coffee after their jogging and other morning exercise.

Shoving the car keys into his jean pocket, his whiskey eyes looked around until they found a pair of hazel eyes, staring right back.

Elyna was wearing a simple green tee with her signature jeans jacket and a pair of ripped jeans with her sneakers and a blue bracelet bracelet. Her hair was pulled back in a low ponytail with a few strands of hair framing her face.

Clasping her coffee tumbler with her both hands, she offered a tight smile to Stiles who slid down on the chair in front of her.
Elyna handed a tumbler to Stiles, who immediately took a sip.

Stiles was surprised when he found that Elyna had got coffee exactly the way he liked.

They’ve come here for their study dates many times and though Stiles was the one to order their coffee, he was impressed that Elyna was observant enough to know how exactly he liked his of coffee- a Venti iced Americano with extra ice and the shots poured over the ice with added two pumps of vanilla and two pumps of toffeenut and cream on top.

“Judging by your expression, I think I got your coffee right. Am I right?” Elyna flashed a feeble smile, trying to make the atmosphere less tense.

“Yup.” Stiles smiled back. He liked the fact that Elyna cared for him enough to remember how he liked his coffee.

“So...” Elyna blew a raspberry. “You want to know the ‘why'.. isn’t it?”

The younger Stilinski raised his eyebrow.

“Fine. Give me your hands.”

Stiles was taken aback. “What?”

She leaned over and tool his both hands and clasped them tightly in hers. “This is something that every Siren can do. I’m gonna show you, so don’t...don’t freak out and relax.”

Stiles watched with burning curiosity as Elyna closed her eyes and her tensed up muscles relaxed. Almost immediately a nausea rolled over Stiles as he found himself somewhere else.

“Remember how I used to tell you how I thought this life, this love between us, all these couldn't be real?” A girl said.

Stiles was standing in front of a ginger haired boy, his cheekbones high.

His striking blue eyes darted around Stiles’ face, as if he was memorizing his features.
He kept grinding his jaw but he couldn’t stop tears well up in his eyes.

It took Stiles quite some time to understand that he was seeing everything from Elyna’s eyes, from her perspective, that he was now watching Elyna’s memories.