the one with the early pack meeting

forty-nine

“For someone so smart, you are stupid, you know that right?” Scott McCall scoffed as he and Elyna walked up the stairs to the school.

She had requested Scott to pick her up from her home, instead of Stiles because of yesterday’s incident.

She had filled in everything that had happened between her and Stiles that night at Soul Sound Records and last day in class.
“Oh really? Som om jeg ikke visste det. Thank you, mate.” Elyna snapped back sarcastically, hiking her bag up on her shoulder.
Sometimes, when Elyna is really upset, she begins speaking Norwegian.

Scott looked confused at the dialect so she explained it that she was saying as if she didn't know that she was stupid.

The pack was called in two hours earlier than usual for a pack meeting, and Derek would be here too. Elyna didn’t understand why they needed to hold their meeting in the school at the first place.

Wasn’t their group chat enough, she thought.

“Why didn’t you tell him that you like him in the first place?”

Elyna squinted, “What? Why will I tell him that? I-I don’t like him.”

“Elyna, the fact that you just told that you don’t like him, exactly says that you like him and moreover, you are not exactly masking your heartbeat right now, so I can hear your heartbeat.” Scott deadpanned, causing the Hybrid to roll her eyes.

“I don’t like him like that. It’s nothing.” Elyna said. “Do you think that I will like any human?”

“Is that the reason why you literally dragged Stiles through the mud yesterday?” Scott raised his eyebrows skeptically, making Elyna groan.

“I didn’t want to, okay? I just... I wanted him to get the clear idea that I will never like him the way he wants me to. I didn’t want to hurt him.”

“Just because you’re a Hybrid?” Scott glanced at the girl.

Elyna shook her head slowly. “I can’t let myself fall for another human. I can’t do that to myself.”

“Another human?”

Elyna sighed decided to not lie. “Stiles isn’t the first human that I fell for. And...let’s just say that my last relationship ended terribly.”

“Can...can you tell me what happened?”

The curly brunette swallowed thickly.
“I-I had to enchant him to forget my whole existence. I-I couldn’t break up with him and he wouldn’t let me go. We-we both loved each other too much to do that, and he-he told me that he would go crazy without me so he wanted to forget me.”

Scott stopped walking and stared at the girl with sorrow. “Why didn’t you ask Aldrich? He’s a Vampire.”

Elyna shook her head. She didn’t want to cry the first thing in the morning.

“It was a punishment to me by myself. I had to make myself bear that pain..so that I never dared to fall for another human ever again.” She sighed, rubbing her burning eyes. “Can’t believe I am such an idiot. I did it again.”

Scott grabbed Elyna’s hand and stopped her.
“Did you.. seriously do that? I-I mean compel him to forget everything?” he looked at her with widened eyes.

Elyna nodded, her hazel eyes pooling with tears. “I really loved him you know? And after so many years, the pain had numbed, but I still remember him. He was dead long time back.”

“What was his name?”

“Basil. It was 1915. He was the baker of small bakery in Milan.”

Scott engulfed the girl in a hug, rubbing his hand on her back in soft circles. “I’m so sorry.”

“Don’t be.” Elyna rested her chin on Scott’s shoulder. “He was happy. He had a good family, nice wife, four cute kids. He had a good life.”

“I was talking about you.” Scott said quietly. “I can’t even imagine how you must have felt- the grief, the trauma, the pain. And you absolutely had to do that yourself.”

The Hispanic boy was in awe and in shock at the same time.