the one with the plan

chapter eighty-five

🌊🌊🌊

Back inside, Elyna studied the last remaining ‘sacrifice’ with so much intensity. Stiles was still sitting in the freezing bath, as if mulling things over in his mind. She didn’t even realise that Stiles had never got out of the tub.

She had just assumed that he did, but apparently, he didn’t. She didn’t even know if he noticed that everyone had left the clinic and now it was only her, Allison, Deaton and Stiles.

She should tell him to get out of the cold waters; he would be sick if he stayed there for so long, but there was something with Stiles that struck odd to her, something that she couldn’t quite put a finger on.

The stillness of his limbs was striking, the way his eyes looked but didn’t see, like he was drunk or dazed – it was eerie and wrong on so many levels. Elyna eventually spoke and pulled him back.

“As much as that looks like fun,” she eyed the water warily, her fingernails scratching the towel that she had for her boyfriend, “I think you should get out now.”
Stiles responded instantly if mechanically, getting to his feet in the tank and standing dripping. Rejecting the offered towel, he padded from the room to change silently.

“What’s wrong with him?” Elyna asked, glancing at Deaton as soon as he left.

There was a dried blood on her lip where she had bit it nervously in the hours that had passed.
Deaton shook his head. “I don’t know.”

Well, something was very, very wrong with her boyfriend. One way or another, Elyna had a sinking feeling he was not safe.

Changed and dry, Allison and Stiles emerged back into the waiting room together, their pale faces tinged with colour again and looking back to normal.

Mumbling an apology and touching her elbow as he entered, Stiles even tried to aim a lopsided smile at his girlfriend.

“We have to get there before the pack does,” Allison began the conversation confidently.

With Scott gone, she was the natural leader of the group, stepping forwards seamlessly. “If the Alpha Pack gets there first and attacks Jennifer, she won’t hesitate to kill them – then no one can stop her.”

“But we have to get our parents out first,” Stiles finished. “I’m all for saving the world and all, but my dad is my priority. That isn’t changing.”

Elyna moved closer to Stiles, her hand brushing his for comfort. “We are not changing that Stiles. Allison, you help the boys. God knows the men can survive without women.” Allison cracked a smile, grateful for the girl to lighten the mood.

“Stiles and I will go get the parents.”

“Okay, let’s do that. Let’s end this fucking drama for once and for all,” Allison stated, and moving as one, the three headed for the door.