the one where she crosses the line

eleven

🐺🐺🐺

🐺🐺🐺

Elyna Benston wrapped a towel over Stiles’ shivering frame.
They were both drenched and sitting outside on the stairs of the back exit of the school in the chilling night.

Scott and Derek were both inside, trying to rearrange everything that has been upturned or smashed inside the school.

Stiles noticed that Elyna wasn’t at all shivering. She was silently sitting beside him and fiddling with her amethyst ring. He noticed that she had taken off her sweater and her top had become transparent because of the water. The boy’s cheek flushed even more as he could make out the girl’s bra. He quickly averted his gaze away and shrugged off his team jacket and gave it to Elyna.

“Wh- You’ll be cold now.”

“Wear it.” He told her sternly and wrapped the towel around himself tightly.
Elyna wore the jacket, which was really large on her small frame. The Hybrid had to restrain herself from taking a whiff of Stiles’ exotic scent from the jacket while she almost groaned in its warmth.

“Why aren’t you shivering?” Stiles asked the girl.

“I’m from Norway, remember? It’s practically nothing for me.” She lied.

“God, I envy you even more,” he watched the cloud of breath escaping from his lips, “Do you guys live in Igloos too?”

Elyna snorted, “We are not Eskimos, Stiles. And what is there to envy the minus temperature? I envy California’s warmth.”

“Yeah right,” he snorted bitterly, noting how his heart jumped at the way Elyna said her name. “Let the proper summer come, all the sweat and smell and dehydration; with the blistering heat will definitely make your outlook change.”

“You people can never appreciate your sun, can you? You are such a Californian.”

Stiles furrowed his eyebrows. “I would definitely count it as offensive if I didn’t like to live in here. And also, I’m actually not from California.”

Elyna hummed, “I knew you were too pale to be from here.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Stiles whined, “I’m not pale. You’re pale.”

“Can’t help it. I lived in minus temperature.” Elyna snickered.

A comfortable silence passes through them. Millions of questions ran through the hyperactive boy’s head-  why Elyna wasn’t asking questions about the Lizard monster, what happened in the pool.
“What were you doing here, Elyna? Really?”

Elyna knew that he would ask the question.
She turned to see Stiles looking at her intently. His elbows were resting on his knees and he twiddled his fingers while he searched her eyes for answer.