the one with the bloodied smile

sixty-three

The stench of vomit was the worst thing that Elyna Benston had ever smelt.

She stood outside the bathroom entrance, her jacket hung on her arm as her hazel eyes scanned around for anyone who might be coming to use the bathroom.
She sung to anyone who was coming too close, making them leave. The boys walked away, a glazed look in their eyes.

Her phone vibrated, indicating an incoming message.

Ald-ehyde 😎
Big wet dog is not where he was yesterday. Neither is girlfriend murderer.

Elyna’s eyebrows pulled together. She tucked a piece of curly hair behind her ear, glaring at the message.

“Something wrong?” Stiles asked Elyna, walking out of the bus, carrying a crumpled up t-shirt for Scott in his fist. He darted in and tossed the shirt to Allison and stood beside Elyna.

Elyna showed him the message.
“ ‘Big wet dog’?” Stiles looked at Elyna in confusion.

“Derek.”

“Um.. Girlfriend murderer is..Ennis?”

Elyna nodded. “I think he’s alive. Derek, I mean.”

“Then why didn’t he contact us? Tell us that he’s okay and not rotting in a ditch?” Stiles sounded bitter.
“Scott thinks that Derek’s dead because of him. He’s not getting better because of him.”

“Maybe he’s too hurt to do anything else but rest?” Elyna offered, leaning back against the wall.

“Technically he should be dead after falling down from that height.” Stiles murmured.

“Either you hate Derek too much or you love him too much. And I’m betting on the second one.” Elyna looked at the Stilinski boy with amusement.

Stiles cocked his eyebrows and looked taken aback. “What the hell, Els.” He swatted her arm jokingly. “I am just looking out for my Scotty. Personally, I don’t care if Derek lives or dies.”

“Yet you have called Cora Hale and then asked Deputy Parrish about Derek.” Elyna shoved her phone into her skirt pocket.

“How did you know that?” Stiles looked down at Elyna, stepping a bit close to her, yet not too close for others to notice anything.

“When you called Cora, she was with Aldrich. They were searching the mall. And Sydney Dawson and Jordan Parrish are best friends. Sydney is dating Aldrich.”
Elyna let Stiles softly touch her finger tips with the pads of his fingers before she weaved her hand with his.

Elyna glanced at Stiles who smiled softly at her, a faint blush coating his cheeks.

The brunette reduced the distance between them and hid their intertwined hands behind the both of their bodies.

“Once we get back home, I’ll take you to the date, okay?” Stiles whispered her face close to her ear and Elyna nodded, biting her cheeks to stop smiling.

She hates how much she likes being near Stiles and how little things like holding hands can send her to frenzy, making her act like a typical high school teenager.

“Have you decided already what we’ll do?”
Stiles dreaded that question.

Stiles knew about Elyna way too much. He knew all her likes, dislikes, quirks and habits. 
He knew that there were so many things that she’s to do and so many places that she would love to go to and that’s why it made Stiles’ job a lot more difficult.

In order to win Elyna over and make her happy, Stiles had to choose the best plan for the date.
And he had so many ex-boyfriends of the Hybrid to compete to and Stiles didn’t even know what they did for their first dates with Elyna.

Over-all, Stiles was in a toast.

Stiles and Elyna were cut of by a commotion a little further away from them, by the bus.