the one with the world class alpha-hole

chapter ninety-two

Elyna Benston's locker was jammed yet again. She sighed in irritation, hitting her head slightly against the locker, before yanking it again, using the least amount of her supernatural strength possible but the door was still jammed.

Suddenly, she smelt an Alpha werewolf coming right towards her.

Aiden was about to slam his hand against Elyna's locker- his classic move for being cool and win every girl's heart over, but his hand stopped mid-air.

"Don't even think of pulling a fucking stunt on me." Elyna warned, her back turned towards him.

Aiden huffed in resignation and leant on the locker beside her, folding his arms in front of his chest. "Why is it that it's so hard to surprise you?"

"You seem to forget who I am. And you are reeking of wet dog stench."

"Never mind, you shrimp smelling psychotic walking mummy." He retorted and Elyna smiled sarcastically. "Now, humour me for a minute here, does being the Siren-Human means that you are the most powerful in the world?"

"I can be." Elyna shrugged.
Of course she wasn't the most powerful in the world, but she was one of the most powerful. But Aiden didn't need to know that. She was happy with him thinking that she was at the top of the list; it makes him think twice before pulling on some disgusting trick on her or testing her patience.

All the while she found it weird that Aiden Steiner of all people was voluntarily choosing to talk to her of all people. "Why are you here, your highness?"

"I was just helping." The Alpha shrugged innocently. "You were struggling with locker and if you could suddenly open your locker with ease, then people would be suspicious of your sudden strength. But if I helped you? No one would know."

Elyna smiled. A sarcastic smile. "I love how you started off as a thoughtful young man and then by the end of your...um little speech, you are radiating with your sigma-male, alpha-hole nature."

"Alpha-hole?"

"Alpha plus asshole."

Aiden literally wanted to tear her cocky head off her shoulders but he had to restrain himself because of two reasons.
One, she would shred him before he could even touch her and two, he needed to be in Scott's good books.

"Does accepting help make you feel less sigma-female?" the Alpha twin looked at Elyna while she gripped the locker handle and tugged at it harder.

The jammed locker door, then opened up. "No," Elyna smiled sweetly, "it makes me feel more independent."

Aiden sighed, deciding to focus on the task at hand. "Let's get this over with, shall we? Where's Lydia?"

"You couldn't get hold of her? She seems fond of you." Elyna pulled out her history text book and her notebook. She glanced at the manila police file folder peeking through the stack of her books. She had found it among the huge cardboard box of unsolved cases in Noah's office table. The file was interesting enough to catch Elyna's attention, so she picked it up.
She would study it, but she wouldn't take it out in front of Aiden. She would have to wait for him to leave.