the one with the temporary alliance

eighteen

🐺🐺🐺

Just when Elyna Benston walked out of her Fashion Designing class, she was greeted by a familiar but unwanted presence.

“H-hi!” Stiles flashed an awkward smile squirming uncomfortably.

“Bye.” Elyna replied dryly. She began to walk away but Stiles placed himself numbly in front of her and stopped her from going any further.

“I’m sorry for that night. Come on, Elyna. I just want us to stop hating each other if we need to work together for this thing.”

“I wanted that too. That’s why I went to the Preserve yesterday.” The Hybrid said dryly but Stiles could easily detect the slight weaver in her voice.

Elyna began to walk again. “And didn’t you hated my existence until today morning?”

“I didn’t hate your existence.” Stiles corrected her, though he knew that she was right, “I didn’t trust you. I still don’t bu-”

“Shut up and get fucking lost. You're not making your case any better.” Elyna snapped and increased her pace. She huffed in irritation when Stiles easily caught up to her.

Boys and their long legs.

“I just thought that there was something wrong with you and you could be potentially dangerous to our town and our lives. I don’t know what you are and why you don’t want to tell us and then after that you literally threatened –”
Stiles stopped himself but Elyna understood what he was telling.

She didn’t bother correcting him.

Stiles grabbed Elyna’s bag handle and pulled her back, making the girl finally stop. She turned to look at him.

“What I want to say, that I am sorry for that comment. It was too low and very cheap one, even for me. But I also want you to know that I am not sorry for doubting you, because I don’t know what you are and if you are on the good side.”

Stiles looked deep into Elyna’s eyes.
“ I am not sorry for digging about you, because you won’t tell me what you are and I want to know if you are interested in hurting people or not. I have many people in this town whom I love and I won’t want anything to happen to them. I don’t want my town to be an unsafe place. So, yeah, I am doing everything to protect my town, my people, and I am not sorry for doing that.”

Elyna gazed at Stiles while he looked back at her with determination.

“If you all don’t trust me,” She said, “why did you come back again and again to ask for my help?”

“Because, Scott and Allison trust your morality, they think that you are a good ally. They know that you will do anything to protect Lydia. Lydia trusts you. And you are a good fighter.”

Elyna stepped close to the boy. “And you? What do you think about me?”

Stiles looked down at her from his height and gulped, making sure that he doesn’t get intimidated by her hard gaze on him or look her quite visible cleavage. “I think that you only think about yourself and Lydia. And Lydia is wrapped up in this mess too, so you will help us until she is safe.”

Elyna nodded and turned on her heels, strutting down the hallways, Stiles again following him.

“Wait! Wai- You haven’t answered.” He tired to catch up with her. “Can’t we just....you know, work together?”

She didn’t reply and kept walking.

“Look, we are stuck into this situation. We might as well make the best of it. Besides I would hate fighting with someone who is at the same side as me.”

She kept walking.

“Or...you could not talk to me. Tha-that will work too. Bu-but not as effectively as it would if we talked.”

“Silence will work beautifully, Stiles.” She said.

“Can we put this enmity between us aside till we are done with this case? A temporary alliance?”

“People can work well even if they hate each other. I don’t have to call a siege-fire just to work together.”

“That doesn’t happen like that! I told you I’m sorry! Why can’t we be acquaintances?”

“I said no, Stiles!” Elyna evaded him and turned right into the cafeteria. If she somehow reached Lydia, she would definitely scare the boy away with her scary green eyes.

“Let me make it up to you! Please!”

“Not fucking interested!”

“At least take this!”

Elyna halted when she didn’t hear Stiles footsteps following her. She looked over her shoulder to see Stiles offering her a wrapper of Reese’s peanut butter cups.

“Is it poisoned or something? Laced with Kanima venom? Or wolfsbane?” Elyna jokingly asked.

“What! No! Why will I want to poison you?”

“To see if I fall under any of your supernatural beings list?”

Stiles’ eyes widened. How did she know that he has a list of all the supernatural beings that Elyna could be?

“No,” Stiles shook his head and cried out in exasperation, “Its not poisoned or laced with any kind of venom. I’m trying to make up to you, for the love of god!”

Elyna bit her lips to keep herself from smiling and took the chocolate from the boy, popping it in her mouth. She continued walking, while savouring the delicious chocolate.

Knowing by the footsteps that Stiles still followed her, the Hybrid rolled her eyes and piqued up after a few seconds.

“This siege-fire or temporary truce or whatever you call is just till this fucking Kanima mess is solved.”