the one where she finds the epicenter

one

one

🐺🐺🐺

Elyna Benston combed through her wavy brown hair as she stood in front of her mirror, all ready for the day. Letting her hair down, she clasped her thin necklace with a crescent moon shaped pendant around her neck.

Elyna wore her signature denim jacket that she'd been wearing since the first time they'd come in fashion in the 1970's, over her plain white top and short black skirt. She'd decided to wear long black stockings and black ankle length boots.

She had sewn different colourful patches all over the jean jacket, giving it a very different look all together.
The very jacket was one of the priceless things that Elyna possessed. Each patch had their own story and reflected the nature of its owner.

Elyna stomped down the stairs, as noisily as she can, making sure that Aldric knew about her displeasure about the whole arrangement.
She had refused to talk to him for the whole weekend while they'd wordlessly unpacked their belongings around the house.

It was rather surprising and impressive that Aldric's birth house was still was maintained so flawlessly, even though he hadn't been in this town for the last four-hundred years. Aldric loved his hometown and he had managed to preserve his house in its pristine state even when he was around the world, busy taking care of his hot- headed sister and leading double-lives.

"Be careful, Elyna," Aldric sipped the last drops of his drink, discarding the blood bag in the trashcan, "the stairs are older than you are."

Elyna scoffed and plopped on the couch.
"This is outrageous, okay!" Elyna threw her hand on the couch, "It is the middle of year, I do not need to do this! You are making me the Bella Swan!"

Aldric snorted. "If you hate Twilight that much, why do you always make references from it?"

"I do not hate that story, I hate the girl. I hate how much she is pathetically dependent on the boys."

"We don't need the feminist in you to be awaken in the morning." He handed her favourite AB+ blood in a glass. "You know that we have to blend in, right?"

"No one cares if I quit going to school! You are the one who said that the neighbours are not noisy." She gulped the blood in one go.

"But that doesn't mean that they won't talk," Aldric slipped his wallet in the pocket of his uniform, "and since I'm a Chief Deputy Sheriff, I am supposed to uphold a good example for the civilians. And a young sister who doesn't go to school, doesn't show a good example."

Elyna huffed, "Why can not I put on a hold on schooling for a few centuries? I have done this shit for like one thirty years."

Aldric smiled at his sister, "Blending in, baby sister."

Elyna knew that Aldric was correct. They had to blend in and blend in correctly at that and for that, Elyna Benston had to go high school for the nth time.
But she was fed up of the same repetitive things that she had to do.