the one with the heebie-jeebies

chapter eighty-two

🌊🌊🌊

Isaac, Lydia, Elyna and Allison met Stiles, Aldrich and Deaton at the Animal Clinic, all of them, leaning over a map placed on the table.

Aldrich had helped Stiles out of a sticky situation with Agent McCall, ensuring him that Stiles was staying with him and would be taken care of, until Noah Stilinski was found. This left the older McCall with no other option but to let Stiles go.

“So, uh, it could be anywhere, on the telluric currents, right?” Stiles said nervously, “Even at the point where two telluric axes meet, or even at a conjecture of more than two axes. I-I just know that it’s where Derek took Paige to die.”

“My dad and Gerard were there once, but Gerard said it was years ago and he couldn’t remember where it was. My dad isn’t here to tell us now, obviously...” Allison trailed off.

“Yeah, mine either.” Stiles added.

“Then how do we find the place?” Isaac asked.

“There might be a way. It’s dangerous, but we’re gonna need Scott and a witch.”  Deaton looked over Elyna and Aldrich. “You two are the people with most knowledge and connections in supernatural world. Think you can manage a witch for a ritual?”

Aldrich rolled his eyes. “We are not witch suppliers, okay? I can’t overuse my favours with the witches.”

“Ask them to help us this once, I don’t hope that we’ll need their help much after today.” Deaton assured softly. “I could have done this by myself but witches are superior when it comes to casting spells and performing rituals.”
The Vampire sighed in resignation before he backed up to make a call. After a few minutes, he placed his phone on the table.

The caller id read, Catherine Hogman.

We need your help.” Deaton said to the phone. “In creating a ritual. It’s life or death situation, ma'am, otherwise, I wouldn’t have disturbed you.”

“What kind of ritual, Deaton?” Catherine asked from the other side of the phone while the rest of them hung onto the conversation between the witch and the druid.

“Sacrificial.” There was a heavy silence.

Look, I don’t know where you do your research from, but I’m telling this for the first and the final time: Witches do not commit sacrifices. We don’t need to.” Her tone was sharp and strict, full of warning.
“You are misunderstanding me, ma’am. I’m not asking you to kill people. I’m asking you to sacrifice them so they can find the Nemeton. Then I’m asking you to bring them back.”

There was a short silence before Catherine spoke softly. “The ritual you’re talking about is next level. I mean, not even the High Priestess of my coven ever performed it. It takes too much power.”