the one with the love declaration

forty-two

🐺🐺🐺

“You know that your car’s spirit will haunt you afterwards, don’t you?” Elyna yelled over the roaring noise of the speeding jeep in the passenger seat and her one hand, gripping the handle over her head and the other holding the dashboard in front of her.

“I am doing a good deed!” Stiles yelled back. “Roscoe will understand.”

The jeep took off, going straight into the wall. Elyna and Lydia screamed and Stiles clamped his eyes shut, while his foot pressed the accelerator to the floor.

The buzz cut boy thought that he would feel the impact but when he didn’t, he opened his eyes to see his beloved jeep crashed through the wall, bricks flying everywhere and tires squealing painfully.

“Did I get him?” Stiles screamed, not daring to look in the front. He was not ready to see the Kanima- dead or alive.

The three of them let out a loud shriek when the Kanima jumped on the bonnet of the car, hissing at them. Lydia and Elyna immediately jumped out of the car. Lydia rushed to the Kanima while Elyna yanked a screaming Stiles out of the jeep.

“Jackson!” The strawberry blond yelled, trying to get his attention. “Jackson!”

Stiles pulled Elyna away from Lydia and Kanima, behind him. The brunette obviously didn’t ned his protection, but she didn’t want hurt his feelings.
The whole place looked like as if a hurricane had gone through it.

Gerard was lying in his own pool of black blood. Allison looked shaken in her father’s arms. Isaac, Derek and Scott looked that they’d taken quite a beating.

Lydia pulled out the key and held it up to the Kanima. It stopped, staring at the key and the strawberry blond in wonder and confusion.
Lydia sobbed as the Kanima slowly turned into Jackson, his clawed hand taking the key from the girl. He looked at Lydia, his eyes turning back to its normal icy blue and only a few scales remaining on his face.

Suddenly, Peter Hale emerged from the wooden crates and ran towards Lydia and Jackson and Derek doing the same.

The two Hale werewolves shifted and drove their claws through Jackson’s stomach and back.

They lifted him up in the air for a few seconds and then dropped him. Lydia screeched and managed to catch Jackson before he could hit the ground.

She sobbed as she lowered him to his knee, holding him tightly to her chest. Jackson looked up at Lydia, his breathing scratchy and uneven.

“Do you,” Jackson whispered, “Do you still-”

“I do.” Lydia nodded quickly, tears spilling down her emerald eyes. “I still love you, I do, I do. I do love you, I do.”
Jackson nodded and closed his eyes. He slumped forward on Lydia’s shoulder, letting out the last breath, which hit Lydia on the crook of her neck.

She sobbed and held her ex-boyfriend’s head, pulling him closer.

Elyna pursed her lips, trying hard not to cry. She didn’t need to show her weakness to everyone- one knowing about it was enough.
Surely Jackson was a douchebag, but he didn’t deserve to die.
Surely his values and morals were horribly misplaced but he loved and cared about Lydia. He was a good boyfriend to begin with, a good friend to Danny and a very good Lacrosse Captain.

He was an angered orphan, something Elyna would identify with herself, if she hadn’t changed herself in the past.

The key fell down from Jackson’s hand and clattered onto the ground. Lydia sobbed louder as she lowered her boyfriend on the concrete floor and bent to his bare chest crying.

“Gerard’s gone.” Allison remarked, getting everyone’s attention. They all looked to the place where Gerard was last seen, but only found a black pool of liquid and nothing else.

“He can’t have gone far.” Chris assured his daughter.

Lydia finally was able to get up and turned back. Her eyes found two hazel ones, staring right at her and she reached forward to hug her, Elyna doing the same but a sudden scraping noise stopped them.

Elyna’s eyes widened as she saw Jackson’s hands closing in a fist. He got up and arched back dramatically, letting out a howl, his face morphed into a werewolf’s.

His eyes were not gold like that of Scott’s or Isaac’s or any other regular Beta but shining electric blue like Derek’s and many other werewolves who had killed an innocent.

Lydia ran to Jackson and collided into each other, the girl giving the boy a tight hug. Jackson too, hugged her back, his eyes widened with confusion and some what relief.

Elyna knew about Stiles’ crush on Lydia and looked up at the whiskey eyed boy beside her, expecting him to be disheartened and sad to loose his crush, yet again but he didn’t seem phased for a bit.

Instead, Elyna could see the tiniest smile on his lips as he stared at the emotional couple in front of them.

Stiles felt someone’s eyes on him and looked down to see the brunette staring right back at him with amusement and confusion.

“What?”

“You aren’t reacting the way you should.” She whispered back, getting Scott’s attention, who listened to the both of them. “Shouldn’t you be disappointed to say at the least?”

Stiles looked back at Lydia and Jackson, who were now kissing each other.

Yes, Stiles did expect himself to feel a searing pain in his heart to see Lydia back again with Jackson. He again lost Lydia to Jackson but he wasn’t bit affected by it at all.

The buzz cut boy looked back at Elyna, who raised her eyebrows questioningly. He now knew why he was not upset about Lydia.

“I am happy for them.” He said truthfully.

“Why?”

“Because.”

Elyna blinked in confusion. “Because?”

“Just that. Because.”

Elyna was very confused but decided to drop the subject for the time being.

Scott looked at his best friend with amusement filled in his eyes. He surely has a lot of catching up to do with Stiles.

 He surely has a lot of catching up to do with Stiles