the one with the bets

eight

🐺🐺🐺

🐺🐺🐺

Ever since that unlucky night in the woods about five months ago, Stiles Stilinski had rarely gotten a good night's sleep.
True, it wasn't him who was bitten by Peter Hale that night, but that didn't mean that he had had a peaceful life ever since.

Stiles never blamed Scott for once or even thought of leaving him to fend for himself, but Stiles really missed his beautiful relationship with sleep.

Once Peter was dead, he thought that maybe everything in Beacon Hills was back to normal and he could again live as before, continuing with his ten year plan to make Lydia Martin fall in love with her, but that was only a wishful thinking.

Apart from the Werewolves Vs Hunters War and Derek Hale going psycho, and turning kids left and right, and Elyna Benston mystery, they have the Beacon Hills version of the Lizard.

Even thinking about it and what happened last night make his hands numb.
He could never forget how it felt to be paralyzed on the floor and only watch while the car mechanic was crushed to death by his own jeep.

Stiles now a days really felt that their lives were demanding from them much more than they could handle. He had stayed up yet another night, combing the internet about the Lizard, but finding nothing helpful.

Can't believe that our lives is slowly turning into a comic book, Stiles sleepily thought, We still need to find the Beacon Hills version of Curt Connors, before, more people are dead.

Elyna looked at the buzz cut boy who was dozing off leaning heavily on his palms.
His face was nearing close to the desk and was about to hit face first when Elyna quickly places a hand on his forehead and stopped him.

Stiles jerked up at an ice cold touch on his forehead, his eyes wide open and looked around, trying to see if anyone was looking at him.

No one was, but the pretty brunette was. A small smirk played on her lips. She kept her cheek on her palm and giggled softly and turned back to her drawing.

"Yo-you-you touched me?"

"I don't have the power to melt your skin with my touch, you know." She said testily.

Stiles rolled his eyes. "I mean to say, that did you put your hand on my forehead?"

"Would you rather have a nice, large round ball on your forehead? That too on the match day?"

Stiles huffed and leaned back on his chair, "I wouldn't hurt myself like that. Stop over-exaggerating."

"Whatever, I shouldn't have cared." The girl rolled her hazel eyes and continued her drawing.

Stiles furrowed his eyebrows and looked at the girl who was engrossed in her drawing.

He had never seen her pay any attention to the class, yet she got the top marks in World History's pop quiz. She ever answered every question that she was asked by any teacher, despite of never paying attention.

How is that possible, he thought.

"How is it, that you got top marks in economics last day? You don't even at attention in class?"

Elyna sighed, "Maybe I am smarter than Tony Stark."

" Why do you always make references to avoid topics?"

"Why do you always try to but in my life like that?" she glared at the whiskey eyed boy. "Have I ever done that? Have I reminded you that instead of worrying over my things, you should think about your Semi-finals tonight?"

Stiles sighed and backed away.
Yeah, he also had this Semi-Finals. Though, like always he thought he was not going to do anything else other than sitting on the bench and seeing the other boys play on the field and even Scott this year.
However, tonight, he had a separate mission- he had to find that bestiary from Gerard's office.

Elyna noticed how Stiles' face fell.

"What?" she nudged him slightly with her elbow.

"What?"

"Why the long face?"

Stiles blinked and pressed the sides of his face with his both palms.
"What-what? What long face? I don't have a long face."

"Don't kid me. I can see it. What happened? Tensed? For tonight?"

Stiles scoffed bitterly under his breath, "Tensed for what? For sitting on the bench? Doesn't take much of a talent."

Elyna heard him clearly and frowned. "You have a knack for degrading yourself, Stiles. Why do you think that you are any less than any other team members?"

"Because I am. I'm sitting on the bench, again, I might add and they are playing and- how did you even hear me speak right now?"

"You are sitting on the bench because Coach thinks that you deserve to be on the team, yeah. You could have been sitting on the bleachers, Coach would have done that, but he didn't because even this year he saw the potential in you."

Stiles looked at the brunette girl beside him whose eyes were on him. He could see the compassion shining in her eyes.

"I never get to play no matter how much I try." He mumbled softly, and truthfully.

"You will get to play," Elyna places the tip of her little finger over Stiles', "and when you will, I will cheer for you loudest in the middle of the field and I will dance in the middle of the cafeteria with any song you want."

Elyna smiled seeing Stiles' eyes light up. "Really?! You promise?"

"Yeah, I will, I promise."

"Don't back down at the last moment, okay?"

"You should get to try harder for working your way to make me loose this bet, Stiles Stilinski."

Stiles knew that Elyna was just trying to make him feel better about himself and he greatly appreciated that.

He knew that it wasn't really possible at this moment for him to magically get into the team, but he still played along because he really liked the way the corner of Elyna's eyes crinkled when she smiled.