the one with the hunter family tradition

chapter eighty-three

Elyna Benston walked in the room to find three big tubs already filled with ice cold water and surrounded by salt. Sydney had pulled her hair up in a bun as she put a branch of mistletoe in each of the tubs.

“Let’s just get over this one more time,” Sydney said as she started to light the candles around the tubs, “Scott, Stiles and Allison will be surrogate sacrifices for their parents.

“She can bring us back. You can bring us back, right?” Stiles asked Sydney nervously.

“You remember the part where I said that it might be dangerous?” Deaton asked Stiles and he nodded but immediately looking like he regretted thinking that he could go through this perfectly.

“Kids, listen to me, if this goes all right, then you will be dead for a few seconds. But there are a lot of reasons to keep in mind; there can be a lot of things that can go wrong and hence why this is a dangerous ritual.” Sydney explained slowly, “ It is linked with druidic practice, coupled with the fact that your parents are in the Nemeton, which itself tries to hide itself from the world, I will be drawing a lot of power from the other conjectures of the telluric currents around this town so that I can, uh, like override the concealment spell of the Nemeton. And you will be giving power to the Nemeton too, when it didn’t have any for a very long time.

“This kind of power acts like a magnet for supernatural, all kinds of beings. Maybe Aldrich will finally have his wish of seeing every single creatures written in his family Bestiary in real life.” The witch smiled at Aldrich over her shoulder, “The Nemeton will attract weirdest of creatures, like a, uh, like a-”

“Like a Beacon.” Deaton completed and Sydney nodded.

“And lastly, dying will take a toll on your lives. Dying and coming back will cover your hear like a cloud of darkness. You can’t see it, but you will definitely feel it and that kind of darkness is kind of permanent.”

“Like a tattoo?” Scott asked.

“Right. Like a tattoo.” Sydney rubbed her hands, “That being said, shall we start? What did you guys bring?”

Stiles pulled out his dad’s misshapen badge from his pocket. “Uh, Jennifer crushed it, in her hand so I tried hammering it out a bit, but still it doesn’t look that great.”

“It doesn’t need to look great, Stiles,” Sydney smiled at the boy sadly, “it will work if it has meaning to you.”

“Is that an actual silver bullet?” Isaac’s voice of surprise cut the sensitive moment. Allison put out a small silver bullet between her index finger and her thumb for the rest of the group to see.

Everyone supernatural could see the Argent family crest branded on the small bullet

“My dad made it.” The Huntress whispered. “It’s kind of a ceremonial thing. Whenever one of us finishes the training of what it takes to be a hunter and in girls’ case, as well as a leader, a silver bullet is forged as a testament to the family code.”

Elyna, standing beside Allison, silently asked for the bullet and began studying it deeply. It was actually beautiful and Elyna wondered why Allison haven’t told them about this beautiful tradition of her family before.

Hell, the three girls were recently at the Argent household for a sleepover, where they all ended up wasted and revealing family secrets to each other. Of course, Allison had told them a family secret, but it wasn’t this.

She wondered why the Benstons didn't have a tradition like this.

Elyna glanced over Aldrich, whose attention was on Sydney. She could see the curiosity in his eyes as he looked like he was looking at his girlfriend in a new light. Sydney must be a damn powerful witch if she could conceal her big witchy aura from someone as an experienced and ancient Vampire as Aldrich.

“Okay, so I need you three to light a candle.” The blond girl handed a lighter to Scott, who immediately got into it. “The candle symbolises you and the light symbolises your life. As long as the light on the candle is one, you are alive.”

Stiles handed the lighter back to Sydney when he was done.