the one with the nine lives

thirty-three

🐺🐺🐺

“So the kid’s real killer?” Noah Stilinski folded his arms in front of his chest. The three teenagers and the older Stilinski stood over the school yearbook where Stiles had circles Matt’s picture with a red marker.

“Yeah,” Stiles answered.

Noah shook his head, “No.”

Elyna blinked and was taken aback by the decisive tone of the man.
“Yes.” Stiles emphasised, glaring at his dad from his desk chair. He was really not in the mood to deal with his dad’s witty comebacks.

“No.” The Sheriff said sternly.

Stiles bounded up from his chair and faced his dad. “Dad, come on. Everyone knows that the police tires to connect everything, right? So all you have to do is go through the transcripts and find out which class they had in common.”

Scott nodded encouragingly.

“Yeah, except for the fact that the rave promoter, Kara, wasn’t in Harris’ class.”

Elyna battered herself for making such a big, dumb mistake. Because of her poorly done research, she had failed to notice that there was two promotors of the rave- Daphne and Kara.

Daphne was the one who studied in Harris’ class, so Elyna jumped in to save her.

She’d only got to know from Aldrich, much later that she’d fought the Kanima herself and also got killed for a person that the Kanima wasn’t even aiming at the first place.

Daphne was very much alive and Aldrich had to go to her house and compel her to forget ever seeing the Kanima or Elyna.

Needless to say, Aldrich was furious at her for getting herself killed. Elyna's Siren part of her existence allowed her to have a few chances of getting back to life after a deadly injury but they don’t even know if the next time she will come back from any lethal injury or not.

It was as if she was a character from a game- she had lives but they were limited. Once she exhausted all her lives, it was game over for her.

“Right, I’m sorry,” Elyna looked at the older man, “I guess they dropped the charges against Harris?”

“And now since they’d dropped the charges against Harris, can you now believe that it’s Matt?” Stiles looked at his father expectantly.

Noah frowned and put out a finger in front of Stiles. “No, you know what. They aren’t dropping any charge against Harris and even if they did, it doesn’t probe anything- Scott, Elyna, do you believe this shit?” 

Stiles rolled his eyes, pissed that his dad is choosing to trust Scott and Elyna more than his own flesh and blood.
If he somehow proved to his dad that he was right, which would happen any moment now, he would never let his dad forget that.
He would emotionally blackmail him to get him the new Star Wars Lego figurines.