the one with the bad road trip

Sixty-two

"I hate road trips." Elyna Benston growled, butting her head between the two front seats of the blue Toyota. "It wasn't supposed to be like this; it was so nice in the movies!"

"You mean to tell that you, a hundred year old, believe in everything that they show on movies?" Lydia raised her perfectly arched eyebrows.

"Not everything." Elyna corrected, shyly.

"Do you even know that there is actually no Iron Man and Harry Potter or the other spaceship thingies you like?"

"Shut up!" Elyna swatted her hand and hit Lydia on her arm. She rolled down the windows in the backseat, fanning herself with her hand.

"How are you sweating so much?" Allison glanced at Elyna from the rare view mirror. "Aren't Sirens supposed to stay cold?"

"Sirens can't even tolerate slight heat but I get dehydrated easily when it's hot. Ramifications of being a part human, I guess."

"So drink some water." The Huntress suggested as if it was the simplest thing in the world.

"Oh no.." Elyna shook her head. "I won't be using those unhygienic, filthy, roadside toilets. I rather be dehydrated, thanks."

"You're such a drama queen." Lydia rolled her eyes and opened her book, uncapping her highlighter.

"Am I getting too close? I am getting too close, aren't I?" Allison rambled nervously, chewing on her bottom lip.

"Well, that depends. Are you following the bus or are you planning to mount it at some point?" Lydia retorted and Elyna laughed from the backseat.

"Yeah, I should back off." Allison agreed while grimacing.

"Well, that also depends. Do you mean the bus or your ex-boyfriend whom you are currently stalking."

"After what happened, I'm not letting him out of my sight." Allison said determined. Seeing the look that Lydia have her, she quickly became defensive. "He came knocking on my door, by the way."

"For what?"

The Argent Hunter quickly told the girls about how Scott had come her home to return her arrow and also to warn her to stay away from the Alphas.

Elyna's hazel eyes fell on the fuel gauge. "Is this the whole 'not letting them out of your sight' thing, completely literal or a general rule?"

Allison looked at the curly brunette from over her shoulder. "Why?"

"Because you are running on out of gas, baby."

"Urg." The Huntress threw her head back and groaned.

"Yeah, and I'm sure that the bus holds more gas than this Toyota." Lydia quipped.

"Okay, why can't we just stop for a while?" Elyna leans between the two front seats and glances at Allison. "You know, stretch our legs, you guys have some human food and I have my Siren food, fill the gas and all? We already know where they're heading."

"No, absolutely not. After last night, I'm not letting Scott out of my sight."

"It's not bad to be caring, Ally, but Scott is capable of handling himself and he has Stiles, Boyd and Isaac with him. He'll be fine. Even emotionally." Elyna added.

"Yeah, but there is also Aiden and Ethan. You know how they were last night." Allison looked at Elyna pointedly, making the other girl raise her hands in defence.

"I haven't seen what happened, but I know who started it." Lydia commented quietly.

"Is that what Aiden told you?" Allison snapped.

"Wha-Aiden? What?" The strawberry blond girl saw the look on Allison's face and scoffed. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, hang on. You two brought me here, in this whole little road trip to keep an eye on me and them?"

"Hey, I had no prior knowledge of such planning, okay?" Elyna protested. "Keep me out of this."

The Huntress narrowed her mocha eyes and glared at Lydia intimidatingly. "So you say that there's nothing between you and Aiden?"

"I'm appalled by the insinuation." Lydia clicked her tongue, making the other two girls scoff.

"There's nothing?" Allison challenged.

"Nothing."

Allison glanced at the Siren-Human at the back seat. "Elyna?"

"She lying." Elyna smirked.

"What-" Lydia whirled around in her seat to glare at Elyna for selling her out like that.

"I don't even need to hear your heartbeat for that. And oh, I did hear some tables banging and chairs scraping in Coach's office."

"How do you know that it was me?"