the one where dead crows welcome us back to school- part 1

forty-seven

“OH MY GOD!!”

Lydia Martin screeched too loudly from in the girls’ bathroom, laughing and doing excited hand gestures.

“Could you scream a bit louder, I don’t think the Heavens could hear you?” Elyna glared at Lydia.

The strawberry blond slapped Elyna’s shoulder. “Shut up! It’s a big deal. He kissed you. I mean, that boy does have enough guts.”

Elyna rolled her eyes and pulled out some tissues from the tissue holder. “I told you it was not a kiss like that! It was just a peck on the kiss.”

“That’s even cuter.” Allison stopped applying her lip gloss and pointed. “I didn’t hope Stiles to make a move that quickly. I mean, that boy is adorable and all but he’s a bundle of nerves.”

“My point exactly.” Lydia chimed in.

“No, no, no, no, no.” Elyna shook her head with her eyes closed. “You don’t even know if he kissed me because he likes me or if it’s like a thank you kiss. It was probably a thank you kiss, you know.”

“You guys didn’t talk about it?” Allison frowned and Elyna shook her head.

“We talked about different things but we didn’t bring the kiss up all the way home.”

“Yeah. Maybe he was too...you know, scared to bring it up last night and you didn’t talk about it either, which was a stupid move, so maybe he thought that you didn’t want to talk about it.” Allison suggested.

Lydia frowned. “So you’re telling that Elyna should talk to him about it? Nuh-uh. It’s what boys do, Elyna. They always have to make the first move.”

Allison frowned and looked at Lydia. “What is this, the 1920s? Anyone can make the first move.”

Elyna swallowed. “It was just a thank you kiss. He was pretty overwhelmed, seeing the store. I think I’m reading way too much into it. He doesn’t like me like that and I don’t like him like that.”

At this, the other two girls scoffed simultaneously.
“You not liking Stiles, is like telling that the Sun rises from south; both are not happening anytime soon.” The Huntress commented.

“If I were doing things like you did to save someone’s parent's store that they’d long abandoned, I would have expected more than a thank you kiss.” The emerald eyed girl said, making Elyna and Allison crunch their noses in disgust at what she was implying. 

“You know it’s not like that.” Elyna defended. “They won’t just let go the last thing of Stiles’ mom like that. They still haven’t been able to move on. It’s a normal coping mechanism. And they were loosing the store and couldn’t save it; it was like a guilt to see it. Like they failed his mother somehow.”

Allison froze, remembering her mother. She remembered how rude she was with her that day when she desperately wanted to talk to her before she was gone.

Allison never gave her mother a chance to speak- if she did, maybe she would have talked her out of it. Her mother shouldn’t have to be the only one to follow the family code, when it already has been broken by her family left and right.

“Allison, you okay?”

A cold hand on her shoulder snap Allison out of her thoughts. Elyna and Lydia looked at her with an empathetic smiles on their faces. Allison swallowed thickly and nodded. “Oh yeah. Definitely. I’m okay.”

Lydia and Elyna looked at each other for a second before the Hybrid pulled Allison in a hug, Lydia following her and wrapping her arms around the two of them.

“Wha- I’m fine, guys. Really.” Allison tried to explain to her friends, but soaked up all the warmth from the hug that she could.

“We all need a group hug now and then.” Lydia said.

When the pulled back, Allison rubbed her arm and looked at Elyna pointedly. “God, it was like hugging a penguin from Antarctica.” She shivered for an effect, making the three girls giggle.