the one where they are too close

twenty-one

🐺🐺🐺

“It means that they had to literally pulled Jackson out his mother’s body.” Stiles filled in Scott and Allison with everything that Elyna and him had learnt, as the four of them stood between the aisles, around a book cart.

The Siren-Human put the books in their rightful shelf. It was hard not to think about Jackson’s parents. She can’t just imagine the amount of trauma and guilt that Jackson carries with him all the time.

Probably that’s the reason why he’s so cold with everyone- it’s just his kind of way to let out his frustration.
It’s messed up, for sure, but it’s just his way.
Elyna knew from first-hand how much messed up state of mind, could mess one up. She had done a huge magnitude of mistake due to her depression and she didn't one anyone else to go through anything like that.

“What does that mean? Was it an accident or not?” Allison asked.

“Erica had got out a report from her father’s mail inbox. The report had the word ‘inconclusive’ all over.” Elyna said, looking over at Stiles who nodded at her.

“Then his parents could have been murdered?” Scott sounded sorry for Jackson.

“If it was, then it falls under the Kanima myth, you know.” Stiles told the group. “It seeks out and kills murderers.”

“But for Jackson or the whoever controlling him?” The wavy haired brunette rubbed the dust off her hands against her jeans.

“We have to talk to him. We have to tell him.” Scott looked panicked about the whole situation.

“He’s not gonna like i-” Allison was cut off by Scott suddenly pushing past her and out of the aisles.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, glass shattered and something jumped over from one aisle to another, causing a mess of everything.

Books and glass from the lights shattered and rained on them, causing Stiles, Elyna and Allison to panic.

If somehow, Elyna gets hurt, she would surely heal in no time. Even faster than werewolves and it won’t take anyone much to figure out what she is. Probably Stiles would be the first one to figure it out.

Another bang came from directly above them, causing Scott to yell Erica’s name before letting out a roar, then the ceiling crumbled above them.

Stiles grabbed a hold of Elyna’s body and pushed her out of the way, and landed on top of her, just when a part of the ceiling was about to cave in on her.

Stiles covered Elyna’s head with his arms as the noise of electricity crackling and Erica screaming filled the air.

Stiles was faintly aware of Elyna moving her arms from under him and pulling his head near her neck. The electricity flickered on and off quickly and the whiskey eyed boy could hear Elyna’s ragged breath echoing in his ears.

Scott was pushed down in front of them but he quickly clamoured up, and growled, putting himself in a protective stance in front of Stiles, Allison and Elyna.

Allison grabbed Scott’s arms as the electricity flickered around them.

They moved out of the aisles to see Jackson in front of the chalkboard. His head tilted back and his pale skin was sweaty. He convulsed slightly as green scales started to cover his body.

He was transforming right in front of him. His head lolled back and Elyna gasped a little to see his completely green, reptilian eyes.

Suddenly, Jackson’s arm shot out and he grabbed a chalk and began to write on the chalkboard, almost robotically, looking right at them.

STAY OUT OF MY WAY, OR I WILL KILL ALL OF YOU.

Jackson hissed at them and took off, jumping out through the glass ceiling.

The glass shattered and fell down around them and Elyna instinctively yanked Stiles back.
Seeing that the danger was temporarily gone, he walked towards the chalkboard, with Allison following him slowly.

Stiles was the first to notice Elyna’s still holding onto his flannel, looking around at the mess of the library with wide eyes. His hands were around her waist, pulling her close to him. His cheeks flushed at their closeness and he cleared his throat.

Elyna saw how close she and Stiles were and jumped back, her back almost hitting the shelf behind her. Her cheeks heated up, and she muttered a small apology, Stiles doing the same at the same time.

They both looked away, hiding their flaming faces.

Stiles bit his lips and decided that he should be the one to diffuse the awkwardness between them and was about to say something when he heard Scott yell out Erica’s name.

Both the teenagers rushed to the werewolf, seeing him kneeling by Erica who was having a seizure. Erica wouldn’t stop shaking and whimpering in Scott’s arms.

Stiles knelt by her and out her head on his lap, since they had nothing else to put her head onto.

“I read that these things disappear when you’re a werewolf.” Elyna looked at the two boys, who worriedly looked back at her.

“He’s alive.” Allison yelled from the next aisle, checking up on an unconscious and paralysed Matt.

“We have to take her to the hospital.” Stiles said.

“D-Derek.” the blond beta managed to whimper out, still shaking uncontrollably in Stiles arms. “T-to Derek.”

Scott looked at Allison . “We’ll ask him to come to the hospital-”

“O-only Derek.”

Allison looked at her boyfriend. “Go.”
Scott looked hesitant.

He didn’t want to leave his girlfriend alone in here. Who knew if the Kanima came again? Or this time the controller himself came? And he couldn’t possibly leave her alone to explain all this to the school authorities and her family.

The Hybrid sensed his hesitation. “I’ll stay. You two go.”

Stiles looked up at the girl, surprised by her offer. She didn’t actually offer her help like this before. Scott looked at Allison, who nodded, encouraging him to go.

Scott huffed and pulled Erica in his arms and rushed out of the library.

Stiles was following them but he suddenly stopped and turned back to the girls. “Be careful, you two.” He said to both the girls and followed Scott.

Elyna nodded absentmindedly, looking around for clues or something to help her with this Kanima mystery.

Allison was somewhat amused.

Though Stiles had said to be careful to the both of them, she noticed how his gaze was settled on Elyna only.