the one with the elevator vandalism

seventy-nine

“A Stilinski at the centre of a mess, what a shocker.” Agent McCall sarcastically said, folding his hands in from of his chest. He glanced at the unfamiliar curly brunette beside the boy, looking at him with furrowed eyebrows. “Think you can answer some questions without the usual level of sarcasm?”

“If you can ask them without the usual level of stupid” Stiles retorted immediately.

Agent McCall smiled sarcastically, “Where is your father and why hasn’t anyone been able to contact him?”

“Don’t know. Haven’t seen him in hours.” Stiles spoke in an uninterested tone.

“Is he drinking again?” The older McCall was trying to get under Stiles’ skin, something which bothered Elyna greatly.

“Like you? I don’t think Noah can do that, because unlike you, he cares for his son.” Elyna smiled sweetly, contrasting to her bitter words.

The Hybrid had researched and asked around about Rafael McCall enough to know the kind of addict he was and the kind of things he had had done which lead to his divorce with his wife.

Agent McCall’s face screwed into a bitter one, as he scrutinized at the girl. He noticed the kids’ interwoven hands. “Who are you?”

“Elyna Benston.”

“You are Deputy Sheriff Benstons’ sister, aren’t you?” The man had done his homework before he came back to this town. “Can you tell me why such a young little chap like him has been entrusted with care of a severely misguided teenage girl like you?”

Elyna’s teeth gritted as she contemplated on enchanting him to bash his head by himself and giving him amnesia. Stiles gripped her hand tightly, ready to stop her if she tried to hurt the man or something.

“We will send you the legal papers if you could tell me that on what grounds you are being legally privileged to question about my guardian. As far as I know the constitution, I don’t think you have any right to do that to a random citizen without any reason.”

"You are not just a random citizen, young lady. You are well tangled up into the case."

Elyna smirked. "Am I?"

McCall shut his mouth, knowing that the girl was right. He didn't have any proof to suspect that Elyna was involved in the disappearance of the Sheriff. He understood that the girl was really smart and she would not be easy to rile up into spilling out information, so he turned to the one who could be riled up into spilling out information.

“Stiles, let me get back to the question before we were interrupted, did you father start drinking again?”

“He didn’t even have to stop.” Stiles snapped.

“Did he have to slow down?”

“You know what, the next time I see him, I’ll give him a field sobriety test. We’ll do the alphabets, starting with F and end with U.”

Rafael huffed a little laugh. “Why don’t you tell me what happened here?”

“You would have found that you if you didn’t start with the family interrogation bullshit.” Elyna quipped, still salty that this mere jackass of a human had the audacity to question about the authenticity of Aldrich being her legal guardian.

“We don’t know. We were stuck in the elevator the whole time.” Stiles quickly wanted to send McCall away from here.

“So, you two don’t happen to be the one writing the name on the elevator door, right?” the older McCall asked curiously.

Elyna and Stiles looked at each other with confusion.
“What name?”

They looked at the name spray painted on the elevator doors.

Argent.

Jennifer’s next target was Argent.