the one where he says it

sixty-seven

[Trigger Warning: Guns, gore and suicide attempt]

“I’m telling you, I can’t find her anywhere.” Stiles panicked, his eyes glazed and hands trembling. “I-I am telling you, Scott, the same thing must be happening to her.”

“Stiles, calm down, buddy. We’ll find her.” Scott tried, whilst straining his senses to hear or smell the Norwegian girl.

He had changed out of his gasoline soaked clothes but he still stank of gasoline. He recognised the fear that each of his friends shared.

The unknown terror that Elyna Benston could be already dead.

“But-but how,” Allison breathed, trying to calm her nerves, “Elyna’s not a werewolf. How can she be affected like you all?”

Isaac and Boyd skidded stop beside the group, huffing. “Elyna isn’t anywhere in the compound and the horror lady said that she didn’t see her.”

Stiles’ throat closed as he whirled around, trying to find the girl. She might be already dead for all he knew. They might be already too late and she might have already killed herself.

“The terrace!” Lydia suddenly exclaimed. “We haven’t checked out the terrace.”

The six were off in a flurry. Scott lead the way, running on the stairs two at a time. When Scott swung open the door to the terrace, Stiles breathed a sigh of relief.

Elyna sat on the floor, against a corner, her knees to her chest and her hands pressed between her legs and stomach.

Her frizzy hair fell over her eyes and she wore the familiar light pink top and capris. She was bare feet and her toes were clenched.

Their eyes met and Stiles stepped forward, ready to pull the girl in a hug.

“Oh, Elyna, thank god. I was so-”

Elyna stood up and backed away from the group. Her face was red and swollen with tears. She looked like a mess.

There was a gun in her hand.

Stiles paled visibly, his hands shaking, throat closing and mind going blank. He stared at the Hybrid, who pointed the gun at her temple, her finger loosely against the trigger.

She could very well accidentally kill herself even without meaning to.

“Elyna, don’t do this.” Scott moved forward knowing that Stiles couldn’t. “I know you are stronger than this. Don’t do this.”

“Don’t come near me!” Elyna briefly pointed the gun at the group before again pointing it to her temple. Sobs raked her body as she took a step back.