the one with the banshee 101

seventy-seven

“It’s here! It’s here! It’s here!” Stiles cheered while he ran and swung open the doors of the ambulance, letting Derek drop Cora carefully on the bed inside, before rushing to help the others fight with Kali.

Stiles clamoured and let his hand out for Elyna to take but the girl was standing outside, fidgeting and looking at the direction of the fight and back to an unconscious Cora.

“Els, they’ll be fine.” Stiles said to the girl softly. “Aldrich would be fine. You come in.”

Elyna exhaled knowing that she cannot go there to help out her brother. She took Stiles’ outstretched hand and he pulled her inside, closing the doors behind her.

“It’s just...” Elyna’s legs bobbed up and down, a nervous habit that Stiles had seen her doing quite a few times, “Its just.. Aldrich hadn’t fought any other supernatural for a long time now. Might have been a couple of decades.. or...gosh, might be even more than that. So, he’s out there, fighting someone totally experienced and someone who will totally go for the kill with his own rusted moves and fighting techniques. I-I just don’t want him to get hurt.”

Stiles looked over her and placed his hand over her bouncing knees, immediately stopping her and snaked his arm around her waist, pulling her into him.
Elyna let him and rested her head on Stiles’ shoulder and closed her eyes. “I’m sorry, it’s just, werewolf bites are fatal to Vampires.”

Stiles knew that. “Aldrich is perfectly experienced and he’ll be fine. Scott and Derek are there. I-I don’t know about Peter because his agendas keep changing so frequently, but Scott and Derek, they’ll be with Aldrich. Don’t worry about you brother.” Stiles said, his thumb rubbing at Elyna’s waist softly.

The Hybrid could still hear her brother breathing somewhere in the hospital so she could relax a bit.
“We’re okay, you’re okay. Right?” Stiles looked down at his girlfriend, who nodded with a small smile. His eyes trailed to Cora Hale. “Wait, wait. Why does she look like she’s not breathing?”

“What?” The curly brunette concentrated on Cora’s breathing to find that indeed she was not breathing. Her eyes widened. “Oh my god, she’s actually not breathing!”

“Oh god, oh no no no no no.” Stiles started to freak out, looking between the two girls. “Wh-wh-wh-why is she not breathing?”

“Her heartbeat is too slow. It shouldn’t be that slow.” Elyna gulped stressfully. “We need to do something, Stiles, as in right now. Like right now, we need to stop talking and do something otherwise she is going to-”

“Okay, okay, okay, okay.” Stiles rubbed his hand down his face quickly and scooted closer. “Should we do mouth to mouth or something?”

Do you see shock pads here?” She snapped sarcastically before shaking her head. “I’m so sorry, I tend to get bitchy when I’m stressed.”

“I-I know how to do mouth to mouth. I had gone to the first aid camp one summer with Scott and his mom.” Stiles blurted out.

“Okay, the spotlight is on you. Tell me what to do.” Elyna scooted closer and tucked her hair behind her ears.
“Okay, okay, first, tilt the head.” Stiles instructed to his girlfriend, “Fingers under the chin, clear the throat.”
Elyna did as she was instructed. “Okay, a clear throat. Nothing but a vulva.”

“Great, so there’s nothing.” Stiles gulped. “Now, uh, now you pinch the nose and blow.”

Elyna’s eyes met with Stiles for a fraction of second and she licked her lips nervously before she leant in and lock lips with Cora. Stiles noticed how Elyna’s eyes were wide open and trained onto Cora’s closed ones while she continued blowing air into her mouth.

She pulled back but Cora remained unresponsive. So she did it again and again while Stiles tried not to die of a heart attack.

His hands shook with anxiety as he watched Cora to be about to chock on nothing and die.

Then, like a miracle, Cora breathed into the air on her own.

“Oh thank the almighty god,” Stiles rubbed his forehead and leant back against the wall with Elyna doing the same.

“It felt like I was blowing a balloon.” Elyna said, wiping her lips, “Only her life was in verge of ending.”

She stared blankly ahead, nothing but the soft breathings of the three kids filling up the ambulance. Elyna glanced at Stiles who was looking down at a spot on the floor, his hands tightly clenched together.

The Hybrid sighed and placed her cheek against Stiles’ shoulder, softly drawing his attention to her. “It’s gonna be okay, Stiles. We’re gonna find your dad, trust me.”

“I was.... I have been thinking about what Cora said.” Stiles said softly. Elyna looked at him, motioning him to continue. “About, uh, us only showing up and finding the bodies. What if...what if she’s right, Els. Wha-what if that’s all we can do and we can save no one? I-I-I don’t wanna find my dad’s body. I-I can’t do that.”

Elyna’s heart broke hearing the way Stiles’ voice broke as he tried not to break down.

“She’s not right because that’s not going to happen. We will find your dad and we’ll get him home. You still have to go to that drive through movie with him, remember?  And of course Lydia would find the bodies, that’s a part of what Banshees do. It’s not like Lydia has any coach or handwritten rule book of Banshee 101. She’s doing a hell of a job all by herself. Does Cora even know how traumatic it is-” Elyna stopped herself when she heard Stiles chuckle lightly. “I’m sorry.. I rambled on again.”

The human shook his head. “Don’t be. I’ve told you so many times that I-I love to hear you talk; hear you ramble off."

A faint blush coated Elyna’s cheek. “After this, let’s go on a rollerblading date. On me.”

Stiles looked down at his girlfriend, his eyes widened. “What? Rollerblading date?”

“Yeah, there’s a place just on the Pavtine Gardens. Why? You can’t do rollerblading?”

“Uh, no, I can’t. I-I can do ice skating though.”

“It’s not that different from ice-skating. I’ll teach you.”

The corner of Stiles’ lips lifted as he agreed to the date. He placed a kiss on Elyna’s temple, pulling her head on his shoulder.

They stayed like that for quite a while.

She closed her eyes, trying not to cry herself. She would never accept it but Noah Stilinski was more than just a father figure to her.

She saw her dad in him and she didn’t want him to be sacrificed just because some sadistic lady wanted power. She felt like she was loosing her father all over again, and that made her go crazy.

The Hybrid had noted how impulsive she’d been all evening, almost killing Jennifer when she knew that she was the only one who could tell them where Noah was.