the one with mountain ash circle

twenty-six

🐺🐺🐺

Elyna Benston strolled beside Stiles, with her hands behind her back. She was feeling hot so she pulled her hair up in a bun.

The boy poured a line of mountain ash around the perimeter of the warehouse.

The Siren-Human was sure to keep to a little distance from Stiles as she kept him company.
Mountain ash might not be as effective on the Hybrid than any other supernatural beings but it still affected her a bit. It dampened her senses.

“You know, you invited me over to talk, but we haven’t talked for the last half hour.” Elyna glanced at Stiles from the corner of her eyes.

“Yeah..” Stiles hummed absentmindedly.

“Stiles!” Elyna raised her voice, making the boy break from his thoughts.

“What? What happened?” the boy spazed for a bit.

Elyna tilted her head. “Yes, Stiles, what happened? You look so...sad and quiet. It’s unlike you.”

“Nothing happened.” He replied flatly and carried on with his task. Elyna trailed behind him, furrowing her eyebrows.

She reached out and grabbed his sleeve of his jacket, making the boy stop and turn around, staring at her in confusion. “You can tell me, you know. I..uh..dislike seeing you so.. down.”

The human breathed through his nose and shook his head. He looked away from the girl. “I don’t want to talk about it.” He said gruffly.

He moved to turn around by Elyna tugged on his sleeve harder. “Please Stiles, you can tell me anything and everything. I won’t judge, if that’s what you are worried about.”

Stiles pulled his eyebrows together, and finally looked at the hazel eyed girl. “I said I don’t want to talk about it!” he snapped and jerked his hand, pulling his sleeve out of reach of Elyna.

Elyna sucked a breath. She’d never seen Stiles raise his voice at anyone. Something was definitely and terribly wrong with him.

“Why? Is it about Scott? Or the Kanima? Or Harris?” the girl pestered him.

Oh my god, Elyna!” Stiles whirled around to face the girl. “Just let it drop already! Why do you have to be so nagging?!”

“You’re the one who called me here, remember? And now I have to awkwardly stand here, do nothing while you are pouting away like anything!” Elyna tried not to raise his voice at the boy.

“If you don’t want to stay, then leave!”

“Why the hell are you yelling at me?! I’m just trying to help you, dipshit!” Elyna snapped at the human.

“Why? Why will I tell you anything? I don’t even know what you to do with you. Don’t you think it’s so hypocrite of you that you expect me to tell you everything when you haven’t told me the first thing about you? You could be the mastermind for all I know! Using all the Kanima related chap for your own ulterior motive!” Stiles yelled back.

Elyna sucked a breath and stepped back.

“You all need to stop doing that. Is that why you guys always ask me to come with you all, so that you can drag me through the mud every single time?” Elyna was raising her voice too.
“If you distrust me so much then why do you ask me to accompany you every time? So that you can insult me? Tell me one thing, have I ever done anything to hurt anyone? If I want to protect my identity, I suddenly become the bad guy? That’s all you all can pick up against me, again and again?”

Stiles’ heart shattered, hearing the crack in Elyna’s voice but he wasn’t having it.

“Trust is a two way thing, Elyna. If you aren’t the bad guy, the why aren’t you telling us what you actually are? We’re definitely not going to hang you to death if you are not a werewolf, are we? How can we know that we can trust you if you are not giving us opportunity to trust you?”

Really? Are you for real? I have never given you any reason to trust me?”
Elyna scoffed. Stiles could see tears welling up in her eyes.
“I never came to you, begging for the membership to your little Beacon Hills protection squad. You came to me. I really don’t care if you trust me or not, if you cannot call invite me, and it is because you need my help, and then shove my privacy issues to my face! I don’t deserve that.”

Stiles didn’t say anything. The whole area was silent except for the rhythmic vibrations of the loud music coming from the rave.

“Right. I’m the fucking stupid one to think that you and I can ever be friends; that this will ever work.” She spat at the boy who didn’t even look at her.

Elyna whirled around and walked away. And Stiles didn’t stop her.