the one with the birthday party mayhem- part 1

thirty one

🐺🐺🐺

Elyna Benston rang the doorbell of the Martin household, and waited. She quickly ran her fingers through her hair, styling it to perfection and smoothened her dress.

Just when the door swung open to reveal the birthday girl, Elyna held out a small box to her.
“Happy Birthday, Lyds!”

The emerald eyed girl broke into a smile and looked at the small box, wrapped in red.
She invited her best friend in and kept the tray with glasses of drink on the table beside and took the gift.

“What? Should I open it now?” She asked looking at the expectant smile of the brunette.

Elyna nodded. Lydia tore the wrapper and opened the box to reveal a thin silver bracelet with a lone charm hanging. The charm was in a shape of a puzzle piece.

She looked at Elyna, who shook her wrist in front of her eyes; she had worn a similar bracelet but the puzzle piece was different.

“Look, when you put these together,” Elyna explained, pushing both the bracelets’ charm together. Lydia watched as the puzzle piece locked with each other.

“See?” Elyna beamed. “Do you like it?”

Lydia engulfed Elyna in a big, long hug, whispering thanks in her ears, stepped back and slipped on her bracelet.

“Go on in,” she said, picking up the massive tray of drinks. “People are already pouring in.” Before leaving, Lydia leaned down and gave a friendly peck on her cheek.

It wasn’t Elyna’s first time in the Martin household; she’d been there once when Lydia had invited her for a sleepover, but she still marvelled at the interior decoration of the house.

She went to the pool area in the backyard where the pillars were wrapped with pretty fairy lights, along with the ivy that grew around it.

The whole setting looked like something out of a frat party in a teenager movie.
Allison, Stiles and Scott were there, talking together.

“Uh, Jackson’s not here.” Elyna heard Allison say.

“No one’s here.” Scott corrected her.
His eyes fell on Elyna and he waved her over. Elyna walked over to them and smiled at everyone.

Scott couldn’t help but notice the blushing smiles that Stiles and Elyna have to each other. Something between them had changed since the club night and Scott, for once, was more than happy for his best friend.

“Maybe, it’s because it’s still early. People will be coming.” Allison said, taking a sip of the drink that Lydia had given.

Stiles rolled his eyes, “Or nobody’s coming because Lydia had turned into the town’s whack job.”

Elyna frowned and glared at the buzz cut boy. Her gaze softened when she looked at Lydia, standing by the pillar with filled up tray in her hand, looking over with disappointment clear on her face.

“Guys,” she turned back to the group, “can’t we do something?”

Allison nodded in agreement. “Yeah, we’ve been kind of ignoring her for the past few weeks.”

“Well, she completely ignored Stiles for the last ten years.” Scott shot back.

Stiles looked away, uncomfortable with them discussing about his failure to get Lydia fall for him. “I would prefer to say that I had been slightly out of radar.” He said in a quiet voice.

Elyna wanted to point out that she hadn’t been exactly detached from the strawberry blond, but thought that it probably won’t help the tension prevalent in the group. So she bit her lips and held her mouth.

“What can we do?” Scott shrugged, “We don’t exactly own her a party.”

“We do own her a short of normal life.” Allison argued.

“Normal?” her boyfriend frowned.

The Hunter rolled her eyes, “If it weren’t for us, then Lydia would have never ended up on the lacrosse field that night.”

Scott exhaled. “I guess I can use my co-captain status to get some of the lacrosse guys here.” He pulled out his phone, Stiles doing the same.

“I kind of know some people who can get this party going.” He nodded in assurance.

“Who?” the Hybrid frowned.

“I met them the other night.” Stiles unlocked his phone and scrolled through his contacts, “Lets just say they really know how to party.”

”

Within half an hour, the party was in full swing.
Lydia’s favourite music blasted through the speakers as people danced, talked and drank.

Elyna noticed some drag queens by the pillars and chuckled, knowing they were the person Stiles were talking about but she really wanted to know how in the world did he managed to get their numbers.

Just when Elyna was going to text Aldrich about any updates of the Kanima case in terms of both supernatural and human, someone tapped at her shoulder.
She whirled around to see Lydia smile brightly at her with a large tray of drinks in her hand.

“You haven’t tried my drink, have you?” she handed Elyna a glass of drink.

The wavy brunette looked at the drink in her hand. “Is it alcoholic?”

“Of course,” Lydia grinned. “Try it.”

Elyna took a sip of the drink. “Mmm. It’s actually good, what is it?”

Lydia just smirked. “It’s a secret, darling.”

”