the one with the shopping spree

thirty

🐺🐺🐺

Allison Argent was drowning in her multiple missed assignments.

Supernatural really had its habit of interfering with her normal life and now, on a Friday night, she was left to complete all her pending work. She had had her study time playlist playing on her laptop while she scribbled her maths answers.

“Clear your schedules,” A perky voice startled the Hunter. “this might take a while.”

Allison glanced up to see Lydia standing in the room, with her two hands holding Macy’s bags, smiling brightly. Beside her a seriously irritated and deadly tired looking Elyna stood.

“She dragged me through the store for whole seven freaking hours.” Elyna explained to Allison, shooting daggers at the strawberry blond who shrugged unapologetically.

Lydia placed the bags on the bed and shot Allison a grin.

“How many dresses are you planning to wear?” Allison closed her books and turned off the music, sitting on the bed.

“It’s my birthday party.” The emerald eyed girl pulled out a striped dress from one of the bags. “I’m thinking of host dress, evening dress and hmm, then after hours casual.”

“Oh, you forgot about after-after hours super-duper casual dress.” Elyna smiled sarcastically.

Allison chuckled. She reached out and grabbed a pearl necklace and looked at it. Elyna flopped down on one of the pillows, after politely asking Allison and messaged her sore feet.

“I noticed you didn’t sent any invites.” Allison rubbed her hands together and nervously looked between the other two girls.

Lydia pulled out another dress. “It’s the biggest party of the year, Allison. Everyone knows.” She didn’t look at the two girls as she pulled out another dress from her bag and smothered it on the bed.

“I was hoping that the things would be different this year.” The Hunter cleared her throat uncomfortably, her mocha eyes flickering between Elyna and Lydia.

“Why would it be?” Lydia paused but didn’t look at the girls. Elyna thought that maybe the Lydia was nervous, but she wasn’t sure. Lydia pursed her lips as waited for the Hunter’s answer.

“I think what Allison meant that things have been different lately. Things and people.” The Siren-Human spoke for Allison.

Lydia knew that Elyna was hinting at her clairvoyant powers.
“Like Jackson.” Allison finished for Elyna.

Lydia slowly looked up at Allison, her gaze settles on her in a kind of hurt, anger and nervousness that was so intimidating. “Why do you care about Jackson?”

“Do you know if he’s coming?” Allison chuckled.

“Everyone’s coming.” Lydia’s expression didn’t change as she reached another bag to pull out a floral pattern dress.

“This one’s Material Girl.” She gave it to Allison. “This one’s for you.”

Then she reached out to pull out another dress and hand it to Elyna. “And this is for you.”

“I think I told you that I don’t want any dress.” The hazel eyed girl looked at her best friend.

“And I think I told you that Lydia Martin listens to no one.” The Queen Bee glared at her and shoved the dress into her hands.

Elyna pulled the dress to her arm’s length to examine it.

She didn’t know when had Lydia managed to sneak in the dress for her. It was truly beautiful.
It was a dark blue body fit dress with colourful flowers embroidered on it, which ended just above her knee, with a golden zipper in the front along its length.

There was a sudden knock on the door and Elyna looked up to see Victoria Argent standing there, looking at the girls.
With sweat beading on her forehead, Victoria smiled as convincingly as she could.
“Mrs. Argent, what do you think of Elyna’s dress?” Lydia smiled at the woman.

Victoria looked over at the dress in the hands of the wavy brunette.
“Oh, it’s lovely.” She plastered a fake smile. “Allison, uh, can I grab you for a moment? Just the two of us?”

Elyna could suddenly smell blood in the room and it was coming from Allison’s mother. Was she hurt somewhere?

The Hybrid averted her eyes and fiddled with the chocker that Lydia had brought, while she kept a weary eye on the older Hunter, who watched her daughter hopefully.

“Uh, can I do it later?” Allison didn’t meet her mother’s eyes and picked up a dress, pretending that she was busy.

“Actually, uh, sooner would be- would be better.” Victoria rubbed her hand and looked over at her daughter. Elyna saw the desperation in her eyes and frowned wondering what was happening with Victoria.

“The party’s at ten.” Lydia informed the woman.

“Would you, would be around before?” the mother looked at Allison expectantly, hoping that she could sense how important it was for her mother.

“I think so.” Allison shrugged.

“You think so?” Victoria swallowed thickly. Her eyes feel on the hazel eyed girl who was quickly looked away from her once their eyes met.

“I don’t know.” Allison snapped, quickly dismissing her mother.

Victoria nodded in resignation and walked away from the room.

Allison hated how possessive and interfering her family was with her; always breathing down her neck just because she loved a werewolf.
They never seemed to accept that Scott never did anything wrong.

Allison hated how her family had become since the time Gerard came; she hated the useless and pointless werewolves vs hunters war that her grandfather had raged just because Peter Hale had killed his daughter.

If Allison thought as a third person, she couldn’t even see much wrong in Peter’s action.
He was bound to be revengeful.

She hated how bounded she was; murdering innocent werewolves just to keep up her act in front of her family.

Allison Argent just wanted to spend some time with her friends like a normal, human teenager and the rest of her family would have to wait.