the one with the stargazing

forty-five

Aldric Benston was still adjusting with the modern times; people still thought him to be the innocent, posh-spoken boy who is not at all familiar with the day-to-day way of talking and internet language. So, when his 'strictly acquaintance' , Deputy Sydney Dawson had recommended him a series to binge-watch, he didn't pass the opportunity to fit among his office-friends.

He was sitting in front of the tv in the living room, digging through the third packet of chips for the night.
It was a Saturday night and though Vampires don’t get sick, he had a sick leave, and he was determined to only get up from this couch when he had to go to the bathroom or to the kitchen or to his bedroom to sleep.

His attention broke from the series when Elyna’s footsteps descended down the stairs.

The girl was dressed in her comfy red night suit and Captain America flippers. Her hair was tied up in a bun and face free of makeup. If she didn’t have that grey tote bag on her shoulder, Aldric would have thought that her sister was about to go to sleep.

“Are you going somewhere?” Aldric asked, pausing the show.

The Hybrid nodded with a large innocent looking smile and Aldric knew that it meant that she was upto no good.

“Where?” He eyed Elyna wearily, putting away the packet of chips and dusting his hands off.

“To the lookout point with Stiles.” She shrugged and picked up her purse from the kitchen counter.

“This late? Why? Does his dad know?”

“Relax, old man. It’s just an astronomical thing. The sky is gonna be clear enough for everyone to see the constellations without the telescope...”

“And is it just you and Stiles?” Aldrich looked at her sister in disbelief. “Lydia’s not coming?”
Aldrich having a hard time to believe that the prodigy Lydia Martin wasn’t joining them for something educational.

Elyna rolled her eyes. “No, she’s not. It’s her last week with Jackson. She wants to spend a lot of time together with him before he leaves for London.”

“You’re spending way too much time with this Stiles boy, you know?” The older Vampire raised his eyebrows, looking at his sister from the sofa where he was still sprawled on.

“Its been just two weeks since the summer, for the love of god, we don’t get homework during the vacation.” Elyna exclaimed.

“I really don’t like you spending time with that boy, Muffin. Who knows what goes through his head? Last week, he was hyped up seeing a dead body and then he physically deflated when he got to know that it was just a murder and nothing related to supernatural.”