the one with the ramblings

twenty-eight

🐺🐺🐺

Stiles Stilinski was dead tired. He really desperately needed sleep.

Last night was a whirlwind to say at the least. The Kanima catching plan was total failure- they couldn’t know who was controlling the Kanima and it had killed the promoter, Kara.

Scott was almost killed by Victoria Argent- Stiles was really scared for him. His dad is disappointed at him and he was fired, because of his son. And, Stiles had messed up with Elyna and is back to hating him.

He really hates how his supernatural life takes over his personal one too. It was even okay if it was his life, but his dad didn’t get to suffer because of Stiles’ supernatural life. This shouldn’t happen.

Stiles tiredly trudged through the hallways, going to his next class, tightening his grip on his Spanish binder. He was damn sure that he will take a nap this time.

Suddenly a hand reached out and grabbed his arm and pulled him away from his tracks. Stiles quickly thought that someone was kidnapping him. Or maybe it was Victoria Argent; maybe she wanted to kill him.

He gasped and closed his eyes, jerked his hands, trying to get free of whoever wanted to kill him.

“Jesus Christ, Stiles! Stop moving!” A familiar voice spat at him. The boy opened his eyes and saw that it was the wavy brunette.

Elyna didn’t say a word and continued pulling him with her. Stiles gaped at her; she was so terribly angry at him that she didn’t even receive his calls or read the plethora of messages that he’d left for her and now she’s pulling him away to god-knows-where.

Stiles’ eyes bulged out in fear, knowing what wrath would befall him. Elyna Benston would kill him and then throw his chopped up body in the dumpster.

He was sure that Elyna could do it and Stiles would never be able to fight her.

She was already so scary when she was angry but since last night, he was sure that Elyna was like an active volcano, ready to explode any moment.

At this moment, he wished that it was Victoria Argent instead of Elyna Benston; at least with Victoria Argent, he would have had slight chance of survival.

“Look, I know I’m a dick and an asshole, but please don’t kill me.” Words spilled out of Stiles’ mouth so rapidly that Elyna could barely understand them as the girl pulled Stiles in an empty room.

“Why will I want to kill you?”

“You-you wouldn’t?” Stiles’ gaze fell on Elyna’s hand grabbing his arm.

Elyna shook her head.

“Bu-but last night?” Stiles stammered looking for a reason why Elyna wouldn’t want to kill him. “I literally bit your head off.”

The brunette shrugged. “This is not about last night. Not technically, at least.”

What happened next was so surreal, that Stiles wondered for a moment that he was hallucinating. Elyna Benston reached out to him and she threw her arms around him. And hugged him.
Stiles almost fell over from the shock. What is happening? Why is she hugging him?

Elyna wrapped her arms around Stiles’ neck. He was about three inches taller than him, so the girl had to stand on her toes to reach the boy properly.

She closed her eyes and inhaled his exotic scent that made her dizzy and extremely hungry. She could just bite in that vein in his neck and drink his blood.

The Siren in her begged her to but Elyna was prepared. She’d drank extra blood bag to make sure that she didn’t tear the flesh off Stiles.

Stiles was still shocked but he managed to wrap his hands around her waist. He would have really enjoyed the moment, if he would have known why the hell was Elyna Benston hugging her.

“Uh... why-why are we hugging each other?” he whispered in her ear.

“I heard about your dad.” She whispered softly, tightening her hug once she felt him tensed up. “I know you have many friends to tell you the same, but..but I think that it wasn’t your fault. You were just trying to be a good friend and a good human being. You were trying to protect your town.”

Stiles didn’t say anything. He didn’t want to. He just wanted his dad to get his job back and get everything between them to back the way it was.

“And... I really don’t know how to lift up someone’s mood...” Elyna trailed off, “but.... I’ve read it somewhere that hugging makes everyone feel better.”

Stiles chuckled a bit and closed his eyes. He put his hand at the back of the girl’s head and hugged her tight. He wasn’t even sorry for the smile that tugged in his lips.

“Is it working?” Elyna asked after a moment.

Stiles was the one who pulled back. He didn’t want his emotions and feelings to go haywire.
He didn’t want to feel the exact things that he’d been feeling. His feelings for Elyna Benston, scared him.

“Yeah. Yeah, it did. Thank you.”

Elyna smiled, softly. “Okay, now let’s go to our classes.” She reached out to grab the handle of the door, bit Stiles grabbed her wrist, stopping her. Elyna looked at him, confused.

“I’m sorry,” the whiskey eyed boy sighed. “I fucked up.”

“What?”

“I mean, I didn’t want to yell at you or burst at you like that. I’m sorry. I do trust you. A lot and I’m a royal dick and I know that you are beyond angry with me, which is justified, because I would be angry at me too, if I were in your shoes and I would probably hit me too, if I were in your shoes. I-I mean, you can. If you wanna hit me, you can. A slap or a punch on my nose. I-I can take it and I totally deserve it-”

“Did anyone tell you that you talk way too much?” Elyna composed a bored face even though she was internally smiling.

“Oh, sorry. I totally rambled. What my point is, that I know after yesterday, I don’t deserve you and I totally get it if you don’t wanna ever see me or stand in the ten feet of me but I just wanna say that I’m incredibly sorry for hurting you. I never wanted to hurt you, or distrust you.”

He shook his head. “ I always mess things up … because I say the wrong things, and then when I have the chance to say the right thing I just let it go. I always mess it up too.”

Stiles ran his fingers through his hair. “Look, what I’m trying to say is, I … I think I care about what happens to...us. I-I mean, to our friendship,” he said, and it seemed to take him a world of effort to get the words out. “I feel like I didn’t make that clear enough. Or even if I did, I know for sure that I didn’t show it to you.”

Elyna pushed a strand of hair behind her ear. “Enough.” she said, making the boy stop talking and look at her.

Restlessly, Stiles waited to see Elyna’s reaction. Personally, he hoped for a slap or a punch on his face.
Elyna could do it; Stiles knew that she could be ferocious if she wanted to.

Instead, she offered him her hand to shake. Stiles was again too shocked to react. “Let’s start over?”

Hurriedly, Stiles took her hand and shook it rapidly. “Deal!”

“You owe me one.” Elyna said gravely and pulled her hand back from Stiles’.

“Sure.”

“Okay.” Elyna gave a clap of her hand. “I gotta go to my class yeah? See you later.”

“Okay.” Stiles moved away from the door to let Elyna go out first. “You go first, I’ll wait here for a bit and then leave. Don’t one anyone to have any weird ideas.”

Elyna gagged a bit and nodded,  leaving the boy alone in the room, grinning from ear to ear.