the one with the crime solving spree

fifty-nine

Despite of being a part of lacrosse team since his freshman year, Stiles Stilinski was out of breath as he ran across the school, trying to get hold of Elyna.

He was not getting her on her phone and nobody had seen her since the first period.

With the sacrifices going on and people dying left and right, Stiles was really worried when no one could tell where exactly the girl was.

Stiles ran into the library for the second time and flew over the stairs to the second floor.
The Library was almost empty as it was lunch time and not everyone liked to spend their lunch in a place like library, but Elyna could; she was weird in many ways, but that made Stiles like her even more.

Finally, he found Elyna sitting between the two shelves in the extreme corner of the second floor. Papers and books were strewn around her messily as she was hunched over a file, reading something. When she smelt Stiles' scent, she looked up from her work to meet a fuming pair of whiskey eyes.

"Why the hell are you not answering your phone?"

Elyna furrowed her eyebrows and reached for her phone. It was in silent and had twenty missed called from Cutie Spazz🦇❤️, a plethora of capital lettered texts from Queen Bee👑 and a few texts from Scott🐺 .

"Oh," she pouted, and quickly typed each one a text of apology, shoving the phone back. "It was in silent so I didn't know, I'm sorry."

"Wh-what? Just 'I'm sorry'? Do you have any idea how much worried I was? You should be careful, you know? Don't you know how dangerous it is with all these killings going on? And people are dying here left and right and Scott here is not believing me that it's all human sacrifices going on. He's being completely careless and here you are not receiving my calls and I'm getting-"

Elyna fought a small smile seeing Stiles on his ranting rampage, being all adorably worried about her.

"Stiles," Elyna cut her off. "calm down, please. I'm fine, see?"

"Yeah, but I was scared. And I was worried." He said in a small voice, looking at his shoes. "I-I don't want anything happening to you."

"Nothing will happen to me." Elyna smiled softly, her heart warming up a bit. Stiles' heart skipped a beat; Elyna was ethereal and he couldn't stay angry with her for long.

"Nevermind." He looked at the papers and materials on the floor and he crouched down, picking one. It had information about three-fold deaths. Other was about human sacrifices. "Hey, you are doing this all here? All in open?"

"No one cares, you know?" Elyna shrugged carelessly as she put a sticky notes on a paper and scribbled down something. "People are very self absorbed."

Seeing her at work, all completely concentrated and her pink coloured pouting lips, made Stiles feel so fuzzy inside. He wanted to hold her, to hug her or maybe drop a kiss on her cheek or temple.

It was Stiles' idea that they first go on a date and if by the end of their date, they both still liked each other, only then they would be allowed to take a step towards their relationship; only then Elyna would be Stiles' girlfriend. It was something that Stiles' mom and dad did and Stiles always wanted to do the same with the person he loved. He found it childish but Elyna found it endearing and thoughtful.

So, until they had gone on a date and they had both liked each other, they were just going to label themselves as 'two people who know that the other likes them'.

"So, why were you searching for me?" Elyna swiftly changed the topic.

Stiles didn't want to drop the topic. It was serious. Students have been calling names to Elyna and she was accepting it. They had to talk about it, they had to do something about it.