the one with the overly normal blood scent

fifty-seven

Aldrich Benston wrinkled his nose just when he entered his home, smelling the scent of the Stilinski boy. After being constantly in the police station and particularly in the Sheriff’s office, Aldrich couldn’t help but become familiar with the hyperactive boy's scent, who came to the station more often than not.

The older Benston didn't get why Elyna was so fond of Stiles' scent so much, he smelt just like any other human to Aldrich.

The kids were laughing. Both of them.

Aldrich could clearly hear them and Elyna just laughed through her nose, making the boy laugh harder.

What Aldrich didn’t understand that why Stiles Stilinski was still in his home. He didn't want that boy to be near his sister and for very good reason too.

“Muffin?” Aldrich peeked through the slightly ajar door to his sister’s room, seeing Elyna and Stiles sitting on her bed, shoulder to shoulder. They were both laughing, but not at the comedy sit-com that was on the TV.

“Yes?” Elyna squeezed her jaw, making her laughter die into soft giggles.

Aldrich’s dark brown eyes drifted to the boy beside her sister, who tensed up immediately, scooting away from Elyna.

“It’s almost dinner time. I think it’s time for Stiles to go home, isn’t it?” Aldrich looked at Stiles pointedly.

The younger Stilinski was smart to take the hint and scrambled up from the bed quickly.

Elyna sighed softly at her brother’s antics and stood up too.

Aldrich gave one last stern look to an already petrified Stiles and went out of the room, keeping the door open behind him.

“I better get going.” Stiles pulled his phone out of the charger and shoved his phone in his pocket, smoothened his t-shirt.

“Don’t mind my brother.” Elyna tucked her hair behind her ear. “He’s just like that. Protective of me.”

“Don’t sweat about it.” Stiles waved his hand as he went down the stairs. He didn’t tell her how much Aldrich’s piercing gaze on him scares him.

“You know that you are welcome anytime here, right? You don't have to be shy about it.” Elyna smiled for a bit, following Stiles down the stairs, to the porch.

Stiles halted, taken aback by the invitation. “You-Me- seriously?”

“Yeah. Aren’t we there yet? In our friendship, I mean..”

Stiles gritted his teeth in anger, a bitter taste in his tongue.

By now Stiles had clearly remembered everything that happened last night.

He remembered how he’d pulled Elyna on his lap. He remembered how Elyna had pecked him. He remembered how she said that she can’t give in to him and that it will kill him.

Stiles didn’t know what game Elyna was playing at- even after rejecting him, she still said that she liked him, twice in one night but she couldn’t be with him, with no explanation whatsoever.

“Even after last night, do you still think that we’re just friends? That there’s nothing more between us?” Stiles looked down to his shoes.

Elyna tensed up. “Yo-you remember?”

“I do. Why? Would you rather I did not?" Stiles' voice was harsh. Elyna licked her lips and looked at the boy.
“Tell me truthfully, Els, tell me why. Even when you like me, why can’t you be with me? Why isn’t there no chance for ‘us’?”

Hazel eyes looked up into whiskey eyes, in hesitance.
Stiles noticed Elyna twisting her ring in anxiousness.

Part of him wanted to let it go.
He didn’t want him to be the cause of Elyna’s discomfort. However a huge part of him wanted answers.

He was fed up with this- he was fed up with Elyna’s mixed signals and mood swings. He didn’t deserve that.

“Tell why we can’t be together, what is stopping you and I will drop this whole fucking thing. Forever.”

Elyna sucked in a harsh breath, gaping at Stiles.

“I will never trouble you like this. I will never pester you. Everything between us will be as it, but I deserve an explanation. Don't you think?”

It suddenly felt as if a few degrees of temperature dropped between them, making everything so cold and uncomfortable; contrasting to the fun they were having in Elyna’s room a few minutes ago.

The brunette swallowed thickly, shifting to her other feet.

Her eyes darted everywhere but to meet Stiles’. Stiles kept looking at her, because he was adamant to leave with an answer.

“I...” Elyna started but then her voice came out all squeaky, “I can’t tell you why Stiles. It’s just..” She closed her eyes for a second and took a deep breath.

Pointing to her ear and then behind her shoulder with her thumb. She can’t lie to him anymore. “Aldrich.” She mouthed.

She quickly pulled out Stiles’ phone from his pocket and typed a message on his phone, her fingers flying across the screen. She showed the message to Stiles.

Can we meet up in the morning, before school? At the cafe? I'll tell you everything you want to know.

Stiles glanced at Elyna and saw sincerity and desperation shining in her eyes. He nodded hesitantly.

Stiles hadn’t driven here in his jeep last night, so he would have to walk back home. Elyna would have offered to walk him home, but she knew Stiles and she knew that he wouldn’t have that.

He would’ve said that it’s a man’s job to walk a woman back home, not the other way round.

Stiles didn’t know what to do now.
Should he say goodnight to her? And smile at her? Or just leave without looking back?

Leave it to Elyna to make things awkward between them, the whiskey eyed boy thought, bitterly.

He walked down the driveway and turned back to see Elyna still standing there, biting her lip and looking anxiously at him.

Good night, he thought to her, first time in two weeks.

He noticed how Elyna’s face brightened up like Christmas lights and she grinned.

Stiles smiled back too, happy that he could make Elyna smile that easily.
I missed talking like this. She thought to him.

Me too.

Goodnight.

Goodnight.

a short and a pretty boring chapter

a short and a pretty boring chapter. not edited as always.

who knew being a senior will be such a huge pain in the ass? our school just can't stop making us sit for enough exams.
i have no idea how can my teachers complete the syllabus so fast...

PLEASE LIKE AND COMMENT ON THE PART YOU LIKE